- 1 Does it rain a lot in the Bahamas?
- 2 How often does it rain in Nassau Bahamas?
- 3 When should you not go to the Bahamas?
- 4 What is the rainy season in the Bahamas?
- 5 What is the coldest month in the Bahamas?
- 6 What is the hottest month in the Bahamas?
- 7 What month rains the most?
- 8 Is there Uber in Nassau Bahamas?
- 9 Which season is the rainiest?
- 10 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 11 Is Nassau dangerous?
- 12 What celebrities have homes in the Bahamas?
- 13 What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
- 14 How often does the Bahamas get hit by hurricanes?
- 15 Is July a good time to go to the Bahamas?
Does it rain a lot in the Bahamas?
Even the rainy season — May through November — rarely offers challenges for visitors. Even the occasional tropical rainstorm is usually short-lived. In fact, The Bahamas have about 340 sunny days a year, and, according to astronauts, the clearest waters in the Caribbean region.
How often does it rain in Nassau Bahamas?
|Quick Climate Info|
|Coldest Month||January (72 °F avg)|
|Wettest Month||August (6.25″ avg)|
|Windiest Month||March (10 mph avg)|
|Annual precip.||30.54″ (per year)|
When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Hurricane season, from June 1 until Nov. 30, is a time many travelers avoid the Bahamas. Like in the United States, the months of August, September and October present the highest risk for hurricane activity.
What is the rainy season in the Bahamas?
Best Time to Visit The Bahamas for Good Weather: The climate in The Bahamas is tropical, with a hot and rainy season from May to October and a cooler season from November to April.
What is the coldest month in the Bahamas?
Here too, from December to March there may be short cool periods, sometimes a bit cold. The temperature dropped to 7 °C (44.5 °F) in January 1977, to 6 °C (43 °F) in January 1981, to 7 °C (44.5 °F) in February 1996, and to 9 °C (48 °F) in January 2010. Nassau.
What is the hottest month in the Bahamas?
The warmest month (with the highest average high temperature) is August (32.1°C). The month with the lowest average high temperature is January (25.6°C). The month with the highest average low temperature is July (24.7°C).
What month rains the most?
The wettest month on record remains May 2015, with 4.44 inches, according to scientists at NOAA’s National Centers for Environmental Information. Soggy conditions from June 2018 through May 2019 led to the wettest 12- month period on record in the U.S., with 37.68 inches, 7.73 inch above average.
Is there Uber in Nassau Bahamas?
No, Uber and Lyft do not operate in the Bahamas. You will find this to be the case in many “paradise” type locations and islands. It is not a great market location for rideshares (a lot of times people will just walk to where they need to go on the island). However, there ARE taxis that operate in the Bahamas.
Which season is the rainiest?
Spring is the rainiest season of the year in terms of the number of days with precipitation.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
Is Nassau dangerous?
Violent crime is extremely common in Nassau. The country is ridden with violent crime, and armed robberies, kidnappings, and murders are extremely common, usually not affecting tourists though violence towards foreigners has been on an increase during the past couple of years.
What celebrities have homes in the Bahamas?
Celebrities and billionaires
- Nicolas Cage – owns estate residence on Paradise Island and a private island in the Exuma chains.
- Mariah Carey – owns a house on Windermere, a private island connected to Eleuthera, where she married Nick Cannon in 2008.
- Sean “Diddy” Combs.
What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
High season is considered to be November and December. The cheapest month to fly to The Bahamas is August.
How often does the Bahamas get hit by hurricanes?
A hurricane passes near the Bahamas, on average, every two years. A hurricane makes a direct hit on the islands, on average, every four years. One Category 5 hurricane and seven Category 4 hurricanes have struck the Bahamas since storms were first recorded in 1851.
Is July a good time to go to the Bahamas?
The best time to visit the Bahamas is from mid-April to early July, after the Spring Breakers have flown north and before hurricane season arrives in early August.