- 1 Can you get to Nassau by boat?
- 2 How much is the ferry from Nassau to Harbour Island?
- 3 What do I need to enter the Bahamas by boat?
- 4 Can you take a boat to the Bahamas without a passport?
- 5 Can you see Bahamas from Florida?
- 6 How much is a ferry to the Bahamas?
- 7 Is Harbour island expensive?
- 8 How long is the boat ride from Nassau to Harbour Island?
- 9 How do you get from Nassau to Harbor Island?
- 10 Can you go to Bahamas without a passport?
- 11 Can you carry a gun in Bahamas?
- 12 Can you take a boat to the Bahamas from Florida?
- 13 What islands can you go to without a passport?
- 14 Do I need a passport to cruise to Bahamas?
- 15 Where can you vacation without a passport?
Can you get to Nassau by boat?
If you have more time and would like to go further afield, The Carnival Cruise Line offers two- or three-day cruises to Nassau from both Miami and Fort Lauderdale. And if it’s peace and quiet you ‘re after, the FRS Caribbean ferry can bring you from Miami to the Out Island of Bimini in just two hours.
How much is the ferry from Nassau to Harbour Island?
The fast ferry fee is around $150 round trip from Nassau. You will need to check the day of departure to see when the boat sets sail; as it can fluctuate based on demand and the weather conditions.
What do I need to enter the Bahamas by boat?
Upon arrival, everyone on board will need proof of citizenship ( passport ) and a completed immigration card. All boats entering The Bahamas are required to pay an entry fee that covers a cruising permit, fishing permit, and departure tax for up to three people.
Can you take a boat to the Bahamas without a passport?
A valid passport at the time of travel with at least two blank pages for stamps is required when entering the Bahamas. If you are traveling by boat or cruise ship, you can enter the Bahamas without a passport book, but you will be required to have one in the event of an emergency that requires a flight.
Can you see Bahamas from Florida?
You can see the Bahamas from Miami when viewing from the top of Panorama Tower in Miami. It’s the tallest building in Miami and is the best place to observe the Bahamas if the weather allows it. Cloudless days and clear nights provide the best views.
How much is a ferry to the Bahamas?
|Adults||Children between 3 and 12 years old|
|Economy seats||US$ 180||US$ 127|
|Premium seats||US$ 220||US$ 147|
Is Harbour island expensive?
Thanks! Harbour Island food costs are expensive, but they really aren’t any more (or at least much more) expensive than in Nassau, it’s just that in Nassau you have more choices of fast food joints, etc. The great bargain for eating on Harbour Island is Arthur’s Bakery.
How long is the boat ride from Nassau to Harbour Island?
Bahamas Ferries, high-speed catamarans, connect Nassau to Harbour Island, Governor’s Harbour, and Spanish Wells. The trip takes three hours and costs $155 round- trip.
How do you get from Nassau to Harbor Island?
The Bahamas Ferries | 242-323-2166 A ferry leaves Nassau daily for Harbour Island at 8:00 am and arrives at 10:30 am. The same ferry returns to Nassau late in the afternoon. The ferry from Nassau leaves from a port that is a 45-minute taxi ride from the Nassau airport. Click here to learn more.
Can you go to Bahamas without a passport?
While The Bahamas is a visa-free destination, U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas.
Can you carry a gun in Bahamas?
You must declare all onboard firearms with Customs. Though you are allowed to have a firearm on your vessel, you cannot take it off the vessel unless you obtain a permit from the Bahamian police ahead of time. Weapons must be under lock and key at all times. Any infraction of this law is dealt with severely.
Can you take a boat to the Bahamas from Florida?
The western islands of the Bahamas are only 50 miles from Florida’s east coast. With a bit of prep and planning, you can get there even in a modest-sized boat. They’re even trailering their rigs to south Florida to make this trip.
What islands can you go to without a passport?
Five exotic places you can go without a U.S. passport
- Puerto Rico. The island of Puerto Rico (officially an unincorporated territory of the United States) has long been a favorite of travelers from the contiguous 48.
- United States Virgin Islands. The U.S. Virgin Islands lie mere minutes away from Puerto Rico by plane.
- Northern Mariana Islands.
- American Samoa.
Do I need a passport to cruise to Bahamas?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. Those traveling to The Bahamas on a cruise may use another Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) compliant document.
Where can you vacation without a passport?
- American Samoa.
- St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands.
- San Juan, Puerto Rico.
- St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands.
- South Padre Island, Texas.
- Isabela, Puerto Rico.
- St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands.