- 1 How do I dispose of electronics in Nassau County?
- 2 Do officeworks take old printers?
- 3 Does Best Buy recycle old printers?
- 4 Can you donate old printers?
- 5 Where can I dispose of electronics in Long Island?
- 6 How do I dispose of a mattress in Nassau County?
- 7 Can you throw printers in the dumpster?
- 8 Where do you hand in old computers?
- 9 What can you recycle at Officeworks?
- 10 Does Best Buy buy old laptops?
- 11 How do you securely dispose of a printer?
- 12 Does Target recycle old printers?
- 13 Are old printers worth anything?
- 14 Do printers have memory of what was printed?
- 15 Where can I sell an old printer?
How do I dispose of electronics in Nassau County?
How Can I E-Cycle? Residents served by the Town of Hempstead Department of Sanitation may arrange for a Special Pickup of electronic waste at their residence by calling (516) 378-8484.
Do officeworks take old printers?
Officeworks accepts printers and other e-waste for recycling however, they do limit the number of items per customer so it’s best to check with your local store first. Call us on 1300 32 62 92 or fill in the form below, and let us take care of your old printers and other e-waste.
Does Best Buy recycle old printers?
All other products – such as batteries, ink cartridges, computers, printers and hundreds of other items – continue to be recycled for free at all of our stores. Since 2009, Best Buy has voluntarily operated the most comprehensive e-waste recycling service in the United States.
Can you donate old printers?
Many charities and organizations can still sell nonworking electronics for cash or trade them in for gift cards. In addition to your printers, you may consider donating old computers, computer monitors and other old electronic items that might benefit organizations in need of some tech.
Where can I dispose of electronics in Long Island?
The following stores also offer free electronics recycling: Home Depot, Lowes, Target and Verizon.
How do I dispose of a mattress in Nassau County?
To request a Special Pickup along with specific disposal instructions, please call (516) 378-8484 or (516) 378-4210, Option 2. Special pickup items include appliances, bulky metal items, furniture, mattresses, etc.
Can you throw printers in the dumpster?
Electronics. TVs, computers, printers, and other electronics are commonly accepted in most dumpsters, but if you have large quantities of electronics, like in an office cleanout, you will likely be required to recycle them as e-waste.
Where do you hand in old computers?
However, there are a number of ways you can dispose of your computer:
- Recycle: Your local recycling centre may be able to take it.
- Sell it: If your PC still works, you can list it on sites like eBay.
- Donate it: Charities like Computer Aid International refurbish your old computer and send them to developing countries.
What can you recycle at Officeworks?
- Plastic Containers. Plastic Containers & Storage Boxes. Plastic Trolleys & Drawers. Heavy Duty Storage Containers. Plastic Drawer Organisers & Baskets. Spare Part Trays and Dividers. Wall Containers.
- Document Storage.
Does Best Buy buy old laptops?
Best Buy operates the largest retail collection program in the country, having collected and responsibly disposed of more than 1.5 billion pounds of electronics and appliances. And there’s no charge to recycle most items.
How do you securely dispose of a printer?
Open it up, poke around, look for anything remotely resembling a hard drive. If you find one, extract it from the printer, take it out to the street, and bang on it with a hammer until the insides rattle nicely. (This is very satisfying!). Now you can send the printer off for recycling without any privacy worries.
Does Target recycle old printers?
Target stores have a guest recycling station located in the front of each store. Electronics waste (e.g., mobile phones, small electronic devices, media devices and ink cartridges) is collected by Target’s vendor who resells some product for reuse or refurbishing and recycles the rest.
Are old printers worth anything?
Holding on to an old printer takes away valuable storage space in your home. It may even cost you money, as the ink cartridges for these printers are more expensive and hard to find. The parts of old printers are valuable to those who need replacement parts for their own printer.
Do printers have memory of what was printed?
Q. With a standalone printer, it doesn’t retain anything, but an all-in-one might have saved documents, scans, print logs or fax logs. To do a basic reset, turn the printer ON, unplug it for 15 seconds and then plug it back in.
Where can I sell an old printer?
Probably to sell printer or throw it away are top things that would cross your mind. The best option is to make decent money out of it.
- Printers Jack – (https:// printers -jack.com)
- Classified Ads – Craigslist or BackPage.
- Online Auctions – eBay or Bonanza.
- Social Media.
- Trade In Programs.
- Pawn Shops.