- 1 Where should I stay in Nassau?
- 2 Is downtown Nassau safe at night?
- 3 How many days do you need in Nassau Bahamas?
- 4 What is the best island to stay on in the Bahamas?
- 5 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 6 Can you visit Atlantis for free?
- 7 What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
- 8 When should you not go to the Bahamas?
- 9 Is Nassau Safe 2020?
- 10 What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
- 11 What month is the best time to visit Bahamas?
- 12 How many days do you need at Atlantis Bahamas?
- 13 Where do celebrities stay in Bahamas?
- 14 Is Jamaica or Bahamas better?
- 15 Which is better Freeport or Nassau?
Where should I stay in Nassau?
Where to Stay in Nassau
- Bay Street – Bay Street is a busy street that runs along the coastline.
- Downtown – the downtown area is where you will find most of the tourist attractions, including the Parliament building and the statue of Queen Victoria.
- Paradise Island – this small island is located north of Nassau.
Is downtown Nassau safe at night?
Visitors to New Providence Island should avoid “over the hill” neighborhoods south of downtown Nassau (south of Shirley Street), particularly at night.
How many days do you need in Nassau Bahamas?
With three days in Nassau, you’ll have plenty of time to hit all the highlights, from colonial sites to beautiful Caribbean beaches, and still have time left over for a couple of island day trips. Here’s how to make the most of three days in the Bahamian capital.
What is the best island to stay on in the Bahamas?
Long Island is ideal for travelers who want some peace and quiet, or those who want to enjoy some of the best diving the Bahamas has to offer. In fact, one of the world’s deepest blue holes, Dean’s Blue Hole is located just offshore from Long Island, and visitors are free to go snorkeling or scuba diving there.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
Can you visit Atlantis for free?
True to the marine feel of the hotel, Atlantis Paradise Island ( atlantis.com) is home to not just one water slide, but an entire water park. Access is free for hotel guests, and open to the public for a fee.
What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
High season is considered to be November and December. The cheapest month to fly to The Bahamas is August.
When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Hurricane season, from June 1 until Nov. 30, is a time many travelers avoid the Bahamas. Like in the United States, the months of August, September and October present the highest risk for hurricane activity.
Is Nassau Safe 2020?
Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street). Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault occur, but generally not in tourist areas.
What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
Cat Island is one of the least frequented and the most beautiful of all the Bahamas out-islands. While it offers outstanding diving off its south shore, this remote island has hardly been touched by tourism, making it ideal for those seeking the ultimate in peace, and unchartered territory.
What month is the best time to visit Bahamas?
Although the beaches are more crowded, the best time to visit the Bahamas is during high season, which runs from mid – December to mid – April, making it a great spot for a warm winter getaway. Bahamian summers are generally warm and sometimes rainy, with daytime temperatures reaching about 89.7°F.
How many days do you need at Atlantis Bahamas?
With five days in our tropical paradise, you can enjoy everything Atlantis has to offer, from heart pounding adventure to blissful relaxation.
Where do celebrities stay in Bahamas?
The Cove Resort at Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas.
Is Jamaica or Bahamas better?
Though Jamaica may have some amazing beaches and reefs, the snorkeling in the Bahamas, especially in the out islands, is slightly better. Along with the diversity, the easy access, and number of islands with reefs in The Bahamas, lets these 700 Bahamian islands take the top prize in this category.
Which is better Freeport or Nassau?
Freeport is smaller, quieter, safer, better beaches, smaller casinos, better snorkeling, better water and less shopping than Nassau.