- 1 What is the best month to go to the Bahamas?
- 2 What is the best time of year to go to Nassau Bahamas?
- 3 When should you not go to the Bahamas?
- 4 Does Nassau get hurricanes?
- 5 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 6 What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
- 7 What is the coldest month in the Bahamas?
- 8 Is Nassau Bahamas safe?
- 9 Can you swim in the Bahamas in January?
- 10 Is Nassau dangerous?
- 11 What celebrities have homes in the Bahamas?
- 12 Do you need a passport to go to Bahamas?
- 13 Are there sharks in Bahamas?
- 14 Is Nassau safe from hurricanes?
- 15 Is the Bahamas a poor country?
What is the best month to go to the Bahamas?
The best time to visit the Bahamas is from mid – December to mid – April, the country’s peak season. Though temperatures here are great year-round (they rarely dip below 60 degrees), the islands fall within the hurricane belt, so hurricanes may be a factor between June 1 and Nov. 30 (the Atlantic hurricane season).
What is the best time of year to go to Nassau Bahamas?
The peak season is between December and May and many consider this the best time to visit Nassau, Bahamas. This is the time when the temperatures are warm, it can be crowded, and room rates are at their highest.
When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Hurricane season, from June 1 until Nov. 30, is a time many travelers avoid the Bahamas. Like in the United States, the months of August, September and October present the highest risk for hurricane activity.
Does Nassau get hurricanes?
Rarely do hurricanes or cyclones make landfall but it is recommended to check weather reports and book/plan accordingly, as learned with the impact of Hurricane Dorian back in September of 2019.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
High season is considered to be November and December. The cheapest month to fly to The Bahamas is August.
What is the coldest month in the Bahamas?
Here too, from December to March there may be short cool periods, sometimes a bit cold. The temperature dropped to 7 °C (44.5 °F) in January 1977, to 6 °C (43 °F) in January 1981, to 7 °C (44.5 °F) in February 1996, and to 9 °C (48 °F) in January 2010. Nassau.
Is Nassau Bahamas safe?
Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street). Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault occur, but generally not in tourist areas.
Can you swim in the Bahamas in January?
The temperature in January and February in the waters around the Bahamas is approximately 72 to 77 degrees Fahrenheit, while the temperature in the air is usually between 70 and 80 degrees. This is well within the range at which people are comfortable swimming.
Is Nassau dangerous?
Violent crime is extremely common in Nassau. The country is ridden with violent crime, and armed robberies, kidnappings, and murders are extremely common, usually not affecting tourists though violence towards foreigners has been on an increase during the past couple of years.
What celebrities have homes in the Bahamas?
Celebrities and billionaires
- Nicolas Cage – owns estate residence on Paradise Island and a private island in the Exuma chains.
- Mariah Carey – owns a house on Windermere, a private island connected to Eleuthera, where she married Nick Cannon in 2008.
- Sean “Diddy” Combs.
Do you need a passport to go to Bahamas?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. U.S. travelers coming for tourism will not need a visa for travel up to 90 days. All other travelers will need a visa and/or work permit.
Are there sharks in Bahamas?
Sharks in The Bahamas are well protected. It’s the only country in the world to declare the entire marine habitat a shark sanctuary. There are 40 species of sharks within the 243,000 square miles of the country’s territorial waters.
Is Nassau safe from hurricanes?
Please be aware that a major hurricane which threatens Nassau will also pose a serious threat to South Florida. Do no evacuate to Miami Beach, the Florida Keys, or other areas in Florida that are themselves a serious risk from hurricanes.
Is the Bahamas a poor country?
The economy of The Bahamas is dependent upon tourism and offshore banking. The Bahamas is the richest country in the West Indies and is ranked 14th in North America for nominal GDP. It is a stable, developing nation in the Lucayan Archipelago with a population of 391,232 (2016).