- 1 Is it safe to walk around Nassau Bahamas?
- 2 What is Nassau famous for?
- 3 Is Nassau safe for tourists?
- 4 How can I spend a day in Nassau Bahamas?
- 5 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 6 Why is Nassau dangerous?
- 7 Do I need a passport to go to Bahamas?
- 8 What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
- 9 What is the best time to go to Nassau Bahamas?
- 10 When should you not go to the Bahamas?
- 11 What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
- 12 Is Nassau Bahamas dangerous?
- 13 Do cell phones work in Bahamas?
- 14 Can you just walk around Atlantis?
- 15 What can you do in Nassau for free?
Is it safe to walk around Nassau Bahamas?
Do not travel to The Bahamas due to COVID-19. Exercise caution in some areas of The Bahamas due to crime. Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street).
What is Nassau famous for?
On the northeast coast of New Providence Island, the city of Nassau is one of the most popular cruise ship ports in the Caribbean. It’s also the capital and commercial hub of The Bahamas. Nassau Harbor, protected by the tourist hot spot of Paradise Island, bustles with boat traffic.
Is Nassau safe for tourists?
Nassau – cultural and capital city While in downtown Nassau, you need to be alert and on the lookout for pickpockets and ATM scammers. However, across the bridge on Nassau Paradise Island, this resort-filled town is home to safe hotels, like the Atlantis hotel.
How can I spend a day in Nassau Bahamas?
One- Day Itinerary to Nassau: 10 things to do in the capital of the Bahamas
- Visit Festival Place. Prince George Wharf.
- Admire Parliament Square. E Bay Street.
- Shop on Bay Street.
- Try rum cake.
- Buy local handmade crafts at Straw Market.
- See Fort Fincastle.
- Go up and down the Queen’s Staircase.
- Discover the huge Atlantis Resort.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
Why is Nassau dangerous?
MUGGING RISK: HIGH. Violent crime is extremely common in Nassau. The country is ridden with violent crime, and armed robberies, kidnappings, and murders are extremely common, usually not affecting tourists though violence towards foreigners has been on an increase during the past couple of years.
Do I need a passport to go to Bahamas?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. U.S. travelers coming for tourism will not need a visa for travel up to 90 days. All other travelers will need a visa and/or work permit.
What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
Cat Island is one of the least frequented and the most beautiful of all the Bahamas out-islands. While it offers outstanding diving off its south shore, this remote island has hardly been touched by tourism, making it ideal for those seeking the ultimate in peace, and unchartered territory.
What is the best time to go to Nassau Bahamas?
The best time to visit the Bahamas is from mid-December to mid-April, the country’s peak season. Though temperatures here are great year-round (they rarely dip below 60 degrees), the islands fall within the hurricane belt, so hurricanes may be a factor between June 1 and Nov. 30 (the Atlantic hurricane season).
When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Hurricane season, from June 1 until Nov. 30, is a time many travelers avoid the Bahamas. Like in the United States, the months of August, September and October present the highest risk for hurricane activity.
What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
High season is considered to be November and December. The cheapest month to fly to The Bahamas is August.
Is Nassau Bahamas dangerous?
Is the Bahamas Dangerous? While safety has improved in the Bahamas, there is still violent crime, mainly in Nassau and the island of Grand Bahama, which includes the city of Freeport. Armed robberies, burglaries, sexual assault, and other violent crimes take place, along with purse snatchings.
Do cell phones work in Bahamas?
Many US and Canadian carriers have roaming agreements with Batelco, the GSM cellular operator in the Bahamas. Therefore, while most phones will work, the rates are approximately $3.00 per minute plus tax for all in and out calls. USA calling Cards such as Sam’s Club and AT&T do not work in the Bahamas.
Can you just walk around Atlantis?
mjkacmom. You can walk around the casino (without kids). You can walk around the marina village.
What can you do in Nassau for free?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.