- 1 What is there to do today in Nassau County?
- 2 What can you do for free on Long Island?
- 3 What can I do on Long Island today?
- 4 What is Nassau County known for?
- 5 Is Long Island safe?
- 6 What is Long Island famous for?
- 7 What is the richest town on Long Island?
- 8 What foods is Long Island known for?
- 9 How much does it cost to get into Tobay Beach?
- 10 How far is Long Island from Manhattan?
- 11 What is there to do on a rainy day on Long Island?
- 12 What is there to do in Long Island at night?
- 13 Is Nassau County safe?
- 14 What are the three towns in Nassau County?
What is there to do today in Nassau County?
Here are some not-to-be-missed destinations!
- Museum Row.
- Old Bethpage Village Restoration.
- Americana Manhasset.
- Old Westbury Gardens.
- Sands Point.
- Bethpage Black Golf Course/Bethpage State Park.
- Sagamore Hill National Historic Site.
- Belmont Park.
What can you do for free on Long Island?
13 Free Things to Do on Long Island, New York
- 01 of 13. Watch the Sun Go Down on the Beach. Rudi Von Briel/Stockbyte/Getty Images.
- 02 of 13. Visit Long Island Wine Country.
- 03 of 13. Take a Hike.
- 04 of 13. Visit the Big Duck.
- 05 of 13. Attend a Free Concert.
- 06 of 13. Stroll Through An Outdoor Sculpture Park.
- 07 of 13. Visit Grumman Memorial Park.
- 08 of 13. Attend a Free Festival.
What can I do on Long Island today?
14 Top-Rated Attractions & Things to Do on Long Island, NY
- Montauk Point Lighthouse. Montauk Lighthouse.
- Jones Beach State Park. Jones Beach.
- The Hamptons. Hamptons beach house.
- Long Island Aquarium. Long Island Aquarium | Mike Durkin / photo modified.
- Fire Island. Fire Island Lighthouse.
- Old Westbury Gardens. Old Westbury Gardens.
- Sagamore Hill National Historic Site.
- Oheka Castle.
What is Nassau County known for?
Nassau County is the wealthiest county in New York. In 1947, William Levitt built his first planned community in Nassau County, in the Island Trees section (later renamed Levittown).
Is Long Island safe?
Four Long Island towns were among the top-five when it came to the 2019 rankings. East Hampton notched the state’s highest score at 1.29 due to low crime rates across the board. The Long Island community has a crime rate of 0.85 per 1,000 residents and a property crime rate of 11.34 per 1,000.
What is Long Island famous for?
Long Island is a year-round destination with easy access to New York City and diverse attractions from the famed beaches of the Hamptons, Fire Island and Jones Beach, to historic Gold Coast Mansions, award-winning vineyards, eclectic dining, boutique shopping and charming downtowns.
What is the richest town on Long Island?
The 3 Most Expensive Neighborhoods in Long Island
- Old Westbury, located in Oyster Bay on Long Island’s north shore, has become home to many of the country’s most notable families, including the du Ponts, Vanderbilts, and Whitneys.
- Sands Point is the wealthiest town in New York state, with a median home price of $2 million.
What foods is Long Island known for?
From Long Island’s juiciest fried chicken to the plumpest lobster roll, the quest is on.
- Lobster roll at Clam Bar.
- Ice cream at Snowflake.
- Cheese steaks at Sid’s All-American.
- Local oysters at Little Creek Oyster Farm & Market.
- Fish tacos at Kingston’s Clam Bar.
- Fried clams at Bigelow’s.
- Steamers at Buoy One.
How much does it cost to get into Tobay Beach?
Free for all residents and non-residents. The sanctuary is a 550-acre stretch of protected wetlands. It is open year-round, but visitation hours are limited Memorial Day through Labor Day until after 5PM. Joseph J. Saladino Memorial Marina at TOBAY.
How far is Long Island from Manhattan?
The distance between Long Island and Manhattan is 47 miles. The road distance is 52.9 miles.
What is there to do on a rainy day on Long Island?
Best rainy day activities in Long Island, NY
- Simplay. 15.3 mi. 22 reviews.
- Vanderbilt Museum. 22.0 mi. 122 reviews.
- Gateway’s Haunted Playhouse. 4.1 mi. 62 reviews.
- Tiki Action Park. 6.6 mi. 48 reviews.
- Animal Farm Petting Zoo. 8.1 mi. 37 reviews.
- Long Island Aquarium. 17.6 mi. 250 reviews.
- Hicksville Gregory Museum. 29.2 mi. 6 reviews.
- It Adventure Ropes Course. 32.6 mi. 41 reviews.
What is there to do in Long Island at night?
Fun things for families to do at night on Long Island
- Fireworks at a Long Island Ducks game at the Bethpage Ballpark in Central Islip.
- The Custer Institute and Observatory in Southold.
- Lady Liberty Cruises.
- The nocturnal great horned owl at Connetquot River State Park Preserve.
Is Nassau County safe?
Nassau leaders Wednesday celebrated their ranking by U.S. News & World Report as the safest county in the country amid declining major crime figures and increased spending on police and fire protection. U.S. News awarded Nassau a score of 100 in their “Healthiest Communities” rankings based on three categories.
What are the three towns in Nassau County?
The entire county is physically divided amongst the 3 towns: Hempstead, North Hempstead, and Oyster Bay, and the two cities, Long Beach and Glen Cove.