- 1 What is there to do in Nassau without excursion?
- 2 What do you do when you get off the cruise ship in Nassau?
- 3 Is the Atlantis excursion worth it?
- 4 Is it better to book excursions before cruise?
- 5 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 6 Can you go to Atlantis without paying?
- 7 What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
- 8 How dangerous is Nassau Bahamas?
- 9 Is there a free beach in Nassau?
- 10 How expensive is Atlantis?
- 11 How much does it cost to go to Atlantis for the day?
- 12 Is the water heated at Atlantis?
- 13 How do you save money on cruise excursions?
- 14 Why you should never take a cruise?
- 15 Are cruise shore excursions worth the money?
What is there to do in Nassau without excursion?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
What do you do when you get off the cruise ship in Nassau?
Read on to find out more:
- Explore Downtown. It’s always a good idea to set aside some little time to explore a port of call.
- Walk Queen’s Staircase.
- Tour Fort Fincastle.
- Visit the Historic Parliament Square.
- Pirate of Nassau Museum.
- Swim With Pigs.
- Public Library & Museum.
- Nassau Straw Market.
Is the Atlantis excursion worth it?
My answer is yes! The Atlantis Beach Day and Discover Atlantis excursion is worth the money! It was an amazing and awesome experience is many ways.
Is it better to book excursions before cruise?
Booking Onboard. If you’ve done your research and have decided to book ship tours, think carefully about whether to book in advance or wait until you get onboard. It’s best to book in advance for limited-availability excursions (like flightseeing in Alaska or Hawaii) and must-do tours.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
Can you go to Atlantis without paying?
True to the marine feel of the hotel, Atlantis Paradise Island ( atlantis.com) is home to not just one water slide, but an entire water park. Access is free for hotel guests, and open to the public for a fee.
What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
Find Things to Do in Nassau on Viator
- Atlantis Resort.
- Blue Lagoon Island Beach.
- Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim.
- Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience.
- Ardastra Gardens.
- Glass Bottom Boat.
- Resort Day Pass.
How dangerous is Nassau Bahamas?
Is the Bahamas Dangerous? While safety has improved in the Bahamas, there is still violent crime, mainly in Nassau and the island of Grand Bahama, which includes the city of Freeport. Armed robberies, burglaries, sexual assault, and other violent crimes take place, along with purse snatchings.
Is there a free beach in Nassau?
Cable Beach There’s a reason the resorts are there: Cable Beach is a breathtaking beach paradise and a great place to unwind and relax. Cable Beach is public beach, so you can access its 2.5 miles of white sand wonder free of charge.
How expensive is Atlantis?
Royal Towers rooms start at $242 per night for a terrace-view room and go up to $5,219 per night for a two-bedroom royal suite. The Harborside Resort features residential-style villas, which average $284 per night for one bedroom. Premium two-bedroom villas start at $734 per night.
How much does it cost to go to Atlantis for the day?
You can buy a day pass to Atlantis for you and your family at the Atlantis Adventures Tour Center, which is located outside The Coral and overlooking the Atlantis Marina, for $135 per person per day.
Is the water heated at Atlantis?
The pools at Atlantis are not heated. They are heated by the warmth of the weather and the sun. We have also been there when there has been a cool spell and the pool water feels chilly.
How do you save money on cruise excursions?
Here are 10 easy ways to stretch that vacation budget as far as it will go.
- Book restaurant packages.
- Look for specialty restaurant specials.
- Book spa treatments on port days.
- Don’t over-tip.
- Go on your own on shore.
- Disconnect at sea.
- Save on your bar bill with discounted packages.
- Look for drink specials.
Why you should never take a cruise?
Cruise vacations can often expose you to too much sun while lying on deck or when hitting the beach at one of your ports. Too much sun can not only increase risk of cancer, but it also can cause heat stroke, cataracts, dizziness, fatigue and skin blisters or burns.
Are cruise shore excursions worth the money?
If you go on an excursion arranged through the cruise line, and they return late, you’re guaranteed that the ship won’t leave until you return. If you go on a third-party excursion, though, that’s not the case. It can cost a lot of money to catch up to the ship in the next port, and it’s all money out of your pocket.