- 1 How do you fly to Andros Island?
- 2 How long is flight from Nassau to Andros?
- 3 What airline flies to Cat Island Bahamas?
- 4 How do I get from Nassau to Congo Town?
- 5 How far is Nassau from Andros Island?
- 6 Do you need a passport to go to Andros Island?
- 7 How do you get from Nassau to South Andros Island?
- 8 Where are the Andros Island?
- 9 Can you live on Cat Island?
- 10 Does Cat Island Bahamas have cats?
- 11 How far is Cat Island from Nassau?
- 12 What airlines fly into Congo Town airport?
- 13 How do I get to Congo Town?
- 14 How do you get to Congo Town Bahamas?
How do you fly to Andros Island?
We recommend flying from Nassau, Bahamas or Ft. Lauderdale, Florida into Congo Town International Airport (TZN or COX). This is the ONLY airport on South Andros Island. Mangrove Cay, Andros is a neighboring island and we can arrange your transfers from there if necessary.
How long is flight from Nassau to Andros?
15 minutes is the average flight time from Nassau to Andros.
What airline flies to Cat Island Bahamas?
Book Your Flights to New Bight, Cat Island Today! At Makers Air, we offer direct flights to Cat Island every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday.
How do I get from Nassau to Congo Town?
The best way to get from Nassau to Congo Town without a car is to car ferry and travel which takes 5h 18m and costs.
How far is Nassau from Andros Island?
The distance between Nassau and Andros Island is 93 km.
Do you need a passport to go to Andros Island?
You must use a valid government issued passport book to enter the Bahamas. Birth certificates and other forms of identification will not be accepted.
How do you get from Nassau to South Andros Island?
Getting to Andros Island, Bahamas
- Fly to Nassau then a short hop to Andros;
- Charter flight from Fort Lauderdale to Andros;
- Private pilots can fly directly to Fresh Creek, Andros;
- Or even take a ferry from Nassau. See below for details…
Where are the Andros Island?
Andros Island, largest island of The Bahamas, West Indies. It lies 25 miles (40 km) west of New Providence Island and about 125 miles (200 km) east-southeast of the U.S. state of Florida.
Can you live on Cat Island?
Its nickname “ Cat Island ” is no exaggeration because there are only 15-20 residents on the island but more than 120 cats, about 6 times the human population! Aoshima is a 1.6 km long island located in the Ehime Prefecture of southern Japan. There’re no cars, hotels, restaurants, or even vending machines on the island.
Does Cat Island Bahamas have cats?
The island may have been named after Arthur Catt, a pirate, or the name may refer to its one-time large population of feral cats.
How far is Cat Island from Nassau?
Cat Island is approximately 130 miles offshore from Nassau.
What airlines fly into Congo Town airport?
South Andros Airport (IATA: TZN, ICAO: MYAK) is an airport near Congo Town in South Andros, part of Andros Island in The Bahamas. It is also known as Congo Town Airport (IATA: COX). Airlines and destinations.
How do I get to Congo Town?
Ferry, car ferry, travel • 19h 21m
- Take the ferry from Fort Lauderdale Cruise Terminal to Freeport Harbour.
- Take the car ferry from Freeport Harbour to Nassau.
- Take the car ferry from Nassau to Fresh Creek.
- Travel from Fresh Creek to Congo Town.
How do you get to Congo Town Bahamas?
Direct flights are available to Congo Town International Airport (TZN or COX) on South Andros from either Nassau, Bahamas or Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Congo Town is the only airport on South Andros.