- 1 Where does the cruise ship dock in Nassau Bahamas?
- 2 What is there to do at the cruise port in Nassau Bahamas?
- 3 Where is Royal Caribbean docked?
- 4 How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
- 5 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 6 What can you do in Nassau for free?
- 7 What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
- 8 Can you go to Atlantis without paying?
- 9 How dangerous is Nassau Bahamas?
- 10 What ports does Royal Caribbean go to?
- 11 Where do most cruises leave from?
- 12 Where can I board Royal Caribbean in Singapore?
- 13 What is the prettiest beach in the Bahamas?
- 14 Can you walk from Nassau to Paradise Island?
- 15 Is there a free beach in Nassau?
Where does the cruise ship dock in Nassau Bahamas?
Cruise ships visiting Nassau dock at the Prince George Wharf within short walking distance of Bay Street and the downtown district.
What is there to do at the cruise port in Nassau Bahamas?
26 Things to Do in Nassau, Bahamas While On a Cruise
- Explore Downtown. It’s always a good idea to set aside some little time to explore a port of call.
- Walk Queen’s Staircase.
- Tour Fort Fincastle.
- Visit the Historic Parliament Square.
- Pirate of Nassau Museum.
- Swim With Pigs.
- Public Library & Museum.
- Nassau Straw Market.
Where is Royal Caribbean docked?
The Independence of the Seas is currently docked in Miami. As with other Royal Caribbean ships, the Freedom-class ship is spending the operational pause around Florida and the Bahamas. Another Royal Caribbean ship in the Bahamas, the Liberty of the Seas is at the Stirrup Cay Anchorage.
How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
Cable Beach is located on the main-land (Providence Island) roughly six miles west of Nassau Cruise Port. From your terminal (Prince George’s Wharf) you can hop in a taxi and get there in 20 minutes.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
What can you do in Nassau for free?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
Find Things to Do in Nassau on Viator
- Atlantis Resort.
- Blue Lagoon Island Beach.
- Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim.
- Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience.
- Ardastra Gardens.
- Glass Bottom Boat.
- Resort Day Pass.
Can you go to Atlantis without paying?
True to the marine feel of the hotel, Atlantis Paradise Island ( atlantis.com) is home to not just one water slide, but an entire water park. Access is free for hotel guests, and open to the public for a fee.
How dangerous is Nassau Bahamas?
Is the Bahamas Dangerous? While safety has improved in the Bahamas, there is still violent crime, mainly in Nassau and the island of Grand Bahama, which includes the city of Freeport. Armed robberies, burglaries, sexual assault, and other violent crimes take place, along with purse snatchings.
What ports does Royal Caribbean go to?
Royal Caribbean Cruises Departure Ports
|North American Departure Ports||Itineraries||Details|
|Miami, FL United States||474||View|
|Port Canaveral, FL United States||404||View|
|Seattle, WA United States||40||View|
|Tampa, FL United States||174||View|
Where do most cruises leave from?
More Departure Ports Larger cruise departure ports, such as Miami, Fort Lauderdale, or New York City, are some of the most popular cruise ship departure ports.
Where can I board Royal Caribbean in Singapore?
For your comfort and convenience, we recommend that you arrive at the Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore for ship check-in formalities beginning at the boarding time stated in your cruise documents but no later than 1.5 hours prior to the scheduled sail time.
What is the prettiest beach in the Bahamas?
Gold Rock Beach, Grand Bahama The signature stretch of sand on on gorgeous Grand Bahama, this “welcome mat” of the island is one of the most beautiful beaches in all of the wider Caribbean, set on the edge of the Lucayan National Park.
Can you walk from Nassau to Paradise Island?
Most visitors walk around Paradise Island’s most densely developed sections and hire a taxi for the occasional longer haul. The most popular way to reach nearby Nassau is to walk across the toll bridge. There is no charge for pedestrians.
Is there a free beach in Nassau?
Cable Beach There’s a reason the resorts are there: Cable Beach is a breathtaking beach paradise and a great place to unwind and relax. Cable Beach is public beach, so you can access its 2.5 miles of white sand wonder free of charge.