- 1 What female sang with the Grateful Dead?
- 2 Who sings for the Grateful Dead?
- 3 What happened to Keith and Donna Godchaux?
- 4 How old would Jerry Garcia be today?
- 5 How much is Grateful Dead worth?
- 6 What happened to Pigpen Grateful Dead?
- 7 What is the most played Grateful Dead song?
- 8 What is the best Grateful Dead show ever?
- 9 What is the Grateful Dead’s biggest hit?
- 10 What is Jerry Garcia’s net worth?
- 11 How long was Donna in the Grateful Dead?
- 12 Who replaced Brent Mydland?
- 13 Are any of the Grateful Dead still alive?
What female sang with the Grateful Dead?
Godchaux singing with her band, November 6, 2009, in Blacksburg, Virginia. Donna Jean Thatcher Godchaux-MacKay (born August 22, 1947) is an American singer, best known for having been a member of the Grateful Dead from 1972 until 1979.
Who sings for the Grateful Dead?
Grateful Dead was one of the most successful touring bands in rock history despite having had virtually no radio hits. The original members were lead guitarist and vocalist Jerry Garcia (b. August 1, 1942, San Francisco, California, U.S.—d. August 9, 1995, Forest Knolls, California), guitarist and vocalist Bob Weir (b.
What happened to Keith and Donna Godchaux?
The band knew we had to be out of the band, and Keith and I had been talking about ‘How in the world do you quit the Grateful Dead?’ ” At a group meeting at the Godchaux’s house in 1979, everyone came to a mutual decision: It was time for the couple to leave. “It was sad, but it was what needed to happen,” she says.
How old would Jerry Garcia be today?
What would be the age of Jerry Garcia if alive? Jerry Garcia’s exact age would be 78 years 9 months 6 days old if alive. Total 28,769 days. Jerry Garcia is a famous singer, musician and songwriter, known as the leader of the famous band The Grateful Dead.
How much is Grateful Dead worth?
Therefore, by our estimates, the Grateful Dead gave up approximately $146 Million per night by not selling their tickets at market value. To put that number in perspective, Celebrity Net Worth estimates that Grateful Dead band member Bob Weir is worth only $30 Million.
What happened to Pigpen Grateful Dead?
McKernan was found dead of a gastrointestinal hemorrhage on March 8, 1973, aged 27, and is buried at Alta Mesa Memorial Park in Palo Alto.
|Ron ” Pigpen ” McKernan|
|Associated acts||Grateful Dead, Mother McCree’s Uptown Jug Champions, The Warlocks|
What is the most played Grateful Dead song?
Top 10 Grateful Dead Songs
- ” Sugar Magnolia ”
- “Fire on the Mountain”
- “Ripple” From: ‘American Beauty’ (1970)
- ” Uncle John’s Band ” From: ‘Workingman’s Dead’ (1970)
- “Friend of the Devil” From: ‘American Beauty’ (1970)
- “Touch of Grey” From: ‘In the Dark’ (1987)
- ” Truckin’ ” From: ‘American Beauty’ (1970)
- “Casey Jones” From: ‘Workingman’s Dead’ (1970)
What is the best Grateful Dead show ever?
13th February, 1970 at Fillmore East, New York The set is a popular contender for The Grateful Dead’s best as the group are electrifying with their performance of ‘Dire Wolf’, in particular, ranging among their finest. It also saw the group perform ‘Dark Star’ as well as ‘The Other One’ for a rip-roaring performance.
What is the Grateful Dead’s biggest hit?
|3.||“I Need a Miracle”||3:35|
|4.||” Fire on the Mountain “||3:49|
What is Jerry Garcia’s net worth?
Jerry Garcia Net Worth
|Net Worth:||$15 Million|
|Date of Birth:||Aug 1, 1942 – Aug 9, 1995 (53 years old)|
|Height:||5 ft 9 in (1.778 m)|
|Profession:||Musician, Guitarist, Artist, Songwriter, Film Score Composer, Singer-songwriter, Music artist|
How long was Donna in the Grateful Dead?
1. Donna Jean Godchaux. Donna Jean was a member of the Grateful Dead from 1972 to 1979.
Who replaced Brent Mydland?
|Born||February 21, 1951 Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.|
|Died||June 2, 2006 (aged 55) Sonoma County, California|
Are any of the Grateful Dead still alive?
The surviving members of the stalwart classic-rock band — Mickey Hart, Phil Lesh, Bill Kreutzmann and Bob Weir — have booked their final concerts together at Chicago’s Soldier Field on July 3, 4 and 5.