- 1 Is Nassau a good port?
- 2 Can you walk from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
- 3 How far is the straw market from the port in Nassau?
- 4 How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
- 5 What can you do in Nassau for free?
- 6 What is there to do in Nassau without excursion?
- 7 How much is a taxi from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
- 8 Can you just walk around Atlantis?
- 9 Is there a free beach in Nassau?
- 10 What can you buy at the Straw Market in Nassau?
- 11 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 12 What is the prettiest beach in the Bahamas?
- 13 Can you walk from Nassau to Paradise Island?
Is Nassau a good port?
Nassau is a surprisingly diverse port. Beach lovers and travelers who enjoy water sports, diving or snorkeling will find a wide variety of excursions and activities to suit their tastes. Nassau is also filled with historic sites and shopping opportunities.
Can you walk from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
Cruise passengers docking at Nassau can fit a visit to Atlantis into their day’s schedule with no difficulty, as the resort is only 2 miles by road from the cruise port at Prince George Wharf. A bridge connecting Paradise Island to Nassau is open to cars and pedestrians, and water taxis run between the two locales.
How far is the straw market from the port in Nassau?
Nassau is a big port famous for Bay Street Shopping and the Straw Market. The Straw Market is a short 5-10 min from the ship depending on how far away your ship is docked.
How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
Cable Beach is located on the main-land (Providence Island) roughly six miles west of Nassau Cruise Port. From your terminal (Prince George’s Wharf) you can hop in a taxi and get there in 20 minutes.
What can you do in Nassau for free?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
What is there to do in Nassau without excursion?
- Frommers: Beaches in Bahamas.
- Nassau Paradise Island: The Queen’s Staircase.
- Nassau Paradise Island: Tour Local Forts.
- AMMC Bahamas: Pompey Museum of Slavery and Emancipation.
- The Islands of the Bahamas: Museums.
- Pirates of Nassau: Pirates of the Bahamas.
- Cruise Critic: Nassau Cruise Port.
How much is a taxi from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
If you’re running late, you can always catch a taxi back to the port. It’ll run about $8-$10 for the ride but traffic at rush hour in downtown Nassau can come to a stand-still.
Can you just walk around Atlantis?
mjkacmom. You can walk around the casino (without kids). You can walk around the marina village.
Is there a free beach in Nassau?
Cable Beach There’s a reason the resorts are there: Cable Beach is a breathtaking beach paradise and a great place to unwind and relax. Cable Beach is public beach, so you can access its 2.5 miles of white sand wonder free of charge.
What can you buy at the Straw Market in Nassau?
It’s home to handmade Bahamian crafts, gifts, souvenirs, and items such as hand-woven straw hats, bags, mats, dolls, conch shell jewelry, and wood carvings—and all available at very reasonable prices, especially if you’re good at negotiating! A woman looking at an intricately detailed bag at the Straw Market.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
What is the prettiest beach in the Bahamas?
Gold Rock Beach, Grand Bahama The signature stretch of sand on on gorgeous Grand Bahama, this “welcome mat” of the island is one of the most beautiful beaches in all of the wider Caribbean, set on the edge of the Lucayan National Park.
Can you walk from Nassau to Paradise Island?
Most visitors walk around Paradise Island’s most densely developed sections and hire a taxi for the occasional longer haul. The most popular way to reach nearby Nassau is to walk across the toll bridge. There is no charge for pedestrians.