- 1 What can you buy at the Straw Market in Nassau?
- 2 How far is the straw market from the port in Nassau?
- 3 What are the best things to buy in the Bahamas?
- 4 How dangerous is Nassau Bahamas?
- 5 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 6 What is the national drink of the Bahamas?
- 7 Are things cheaper in Bahamas?
- 8 Is it safe to swim in Bahamas?
- 9 Is Nassau Safe 2020?
- 10 When should you not go to the Bahamas?
What can you buy at the Straw Market in Nassau?
It’s home to handmade Bahamian crafts, gifts, souvenirs, and items such as hand-woven straw hats, bags, mats, dolls, conch shell jewelry, and wood carvings—and all available at very reasonable prices, especially if you’re good at negotiating! A woman looking at an intricately detailed bag at the Straw Market.
How far is the straw market from the port in Nassau?
Nassau is a big port famous for Bay Street Shopping and the Straw Market. The Straw Market is a short 5-10 min from the ship depending on how far away your ship is docked.
What are the best things to buy in the Bahamas?
Amazing Things to Buy in The Bahamas
- Straw Goods.
- Conch Shell Jewelry.
- Jams and Jellies.
- Pine Seed Doll.
- Junkanoo Art.
How dangerous is Nassau Bahamas?
Is the Bahamas Dangerous? While safety has improved in the Bahamas, there is still violent crime, mainly in Nassau and the island of Grand Bahama, which includes the city of Freeport. Armed robberies, burglaries, sexual assault, and other violent crimes take place, along with purse snatchings.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
What is the national drink of the Bahamas?
Switcha is the national drink of the Bahamas as well as a brand of lemon-lime flavored non-alcoholic beverages made in Nassau. It’s made from key limes or lemons, water, and sugar.
Are things cheaper in Bahamas?
While meal prices in the Bahamas can vary, the average cost of food in the Bahamas is BS$42 per day. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner. The price of food in sit-down restaurants in the Bahamas is often higher than fast food prices or street food prices.
Is it safe to swim in Bahamas?
Water Dangers Do not swim beyond the marked areas or you could get pulled away from the land and even swept out to sea. Most beaches have flags indicating if it’s safe. If you have children, only swim when you see a green flag. Sharks and other possibly dangerous fish roam the waters here.
Is Nassau Safe 2020?
Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street). Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault occur, but generally not in tourist areas.
When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Hurricane season, from June 1 until Nov. 30, is a time many travelers avoid the Bahamas. Like in the United States, the months of August, September and October present the highest risk for hurricane activity.