- 1 What can you do in Nassau for free?
- 2 Is it safe to walk around Nassau Bahamas?
- 3 Is Nassau safe for tourists?
- 4 What do locals do in Nassau Bahamas?
- 5 What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
- 6 Is Nassau Bahamas expensive?
- 7 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 8 Why is Nassau dangerous?
- 9 When should you not go to the Bahamas?
- 10 What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
- 11 Is Nassau Bahamas dangerous?
- 12 Is it safe to swim in Bahamas?
- 13 What is Nassau famous for?
- 14 How much money do I need to go to the Bahamas?
- 15 Do you need a passport to go to Nassau?
What can you do in Nassau for free?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
Is it safe to walk around Nassau Bahamas?
Do not travel to The Bahamas due to COVID-19. Exercise caution in some areas of The Bahamas due to crime. Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street).
Is Nassau safe for tourists?
Nassau – cultural and capital city While in downtown Nassau, you need to be alert and on the lookout for pickpockets and ATM scammers. However, across the bridge on Nassau Paradise Island, this resort-filled town is home to safe hotels, like the Atlantis hotel.
What do locals do in Nassau Bahamas?
Parliament Square located at (1) on our Walking Tour map of things to do in Nassau Bahamas.
- Nassau Public Library and Museum.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- Gregory’s Arch.
- Government House & Statue of Christopher Columbus.
- Heritage Museum of The Bahamas.
- National Art Gallery of the Bahamas.
- John Watling’s Distillery.
What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
Find Things to Do in Nassau on Viator
- Atlantis Resort.
- Blue Lagoon Island Beach.
- Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim.
- Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience.
- Ardastra Gardens.
- Glass Bottom Boat.
- Resort Day Pass.
Is Nassau Bahamas expensive?
Before setting off to the Bahamas, know that it is the third most expensive country in the world to live in, according to a survey by Numbeo. If you’re not staying at an all-inclusive resort, expect to be paying up to 10 USD for a beer and 18 USD for a cocktail.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
Why is Nassau dangerous?
MUGGING RISK: HIGH. Violent crime is extremely common in Nassau. The country is ridden with violent crime, and armed robberies, kidnappings, and murders are extremely common, usually not affecting tourists though violence towards foreigners has been on an increase during the past couple of years.
When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Hurricane season, from June 1 until Nov. 30, is a time many travelers avoid the Bahamas. Like in the United States, the months of August, September and October present the highest risk for hurricane activity.
What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
High season is considered to be November and December. The cheapest month to fly to The Bahamas is August.
Is Nassau Bahamas dangerous?
Is the Bahamas Dangerous? While safety has improved in the Bahamas, there is still violent crime, mainly in Nassau and the island of Grand Bahama, which includes the city of Freeport. Armed robberies, burglaries, sexual assault, and other violent crimes take place, along with purse snatchings.
Is it safe to swim in Bahamas?
Water Dangers Do not swim beyond the marked areas or you could get pulled away from the land and even swept out to sea. Most beaches have flags indicating if it’s safe. If you have children, only swim when you see a green flag. Sharks and other possibly dangerous fish roam the waters here.
What is Nassau famous for?
On the northeast coast of New Providence Island, the city of Nassau is one of the most popular cruise ship ports in the Caribbean. It’s also the capital and commercial hub of The Bahamas. Nassau Harbor, protected by the tourist hot spot of Paradise Island, bustles with boat traffic.
How much money do I need to go to the Bahamas?
How much money will you need for your trip to the Bahamas? You should plan to spend around BS$159 ($159) per day on your vacation in the Bahamas, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors.
Do you need a passport to go to Nassau?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. Those traveling to The Bahamas on a cruise may use another Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) compliant document.