- 1 Where do the cruise ships dock in Nassau Bahamas?
- 2 Can you walk from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
- 3 How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
- 4 What main ports of call do cruise ships visit in the Bahamas?
- 5 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 6 How dangerous is Nassau Bahamas?
- 7 How much is a taxi from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
- 8 How much is a taxi from Nassau to Atlantis?
- 9 What do you do when you get off the cruise ship in Nassau?
- 10 What is the prettiest beach in the Bahamas?
- 11 What can you do in Nassau for free?
- 12 Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
- 13 Are cruise ports open in the Bahamas?
- 14 What ports are in the Bahamas?
- 15 What port is Nassau Bahamas?
Where do the cruise ships dock in Nassau Bahamas?
Cruise ships visiting Nassau dock at the Prince George Wharf within short walking distance of Bay Street and the downtown district.
Can you walk from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
Cruise passengers docking at Nassau can fit a visit to Atlantis into their day’s schedule with no difficulty, as the resort is only 2 miles by road from the cruise port at Prince George Wharf. A bridge connecting Paradise Island to Nassau is open to cars and pedestrians, and water taxis run between the two locales.
How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
Cable Beach is located on the main-land (Providence Island) roughly six miles west of Nassau Cruise Port. From your terminal (Prince George’s Wharf) you can hop in a taxi and get there in 20 minutes.
What main ports of call do cruise ships visit in the Bahamas?
Nassau is the most visited port in The Bahamas and one of the most popular cruising destinations in the Caribbean itineraries. Located in the island of New Providence, off the coast of Florida, Nassau is 180 miles southeast of Miami enjoying a mild weather in the winter, which is ideal for water sports and activities.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
How dangerous is Nassau Bahamas?
Is the Bahamas Dangerous? While safety has improved in the Bahamas, there is still violent crime, mainly in Nassau and the island of Grand Bahama, which includes the city of Freeport. Armed robberies, burglaries, sexual assault, and other violent crimes take place, along with purse snatchings.
How much is a taxi from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
If you’re running late, you can always catch a taxi back to the port. It’ll run about $8-$10 for the ride but traffic at rush hour in downtown Nassau can come to a stand-still.
How much is a taxi from Nassau to Atlantis?
The quickest way to get from Nassau Airport (NAS) to The Royal at Atlantis, Nassau is to taxi which costs $80 – $100 and takes 21 min. 3
What do you do when you get off the cruise ship in Nassau?
Read on to find out more:
- Explore Downtown. It’s always a good idea to set aside some little time to explore a port of call.
- Walk Queen’s Staircase.
- Tour Fort Fincastle.
- Visit the Historic Parliament Square.
- Pirate of Nassau Museum.
- Swim With Pigs.
- Public Library & Museum.
- Nassau Straw Market.
What is the prettiest beach in the Bahamas?
Gold Rock Beach, Grand Bahama The signature stretch of sand on on gorgeous Grand Bahama, this “welcome mat” of the island is one of the most beautiful beaches in all of the wider Caribbean, set on the edge of the Lucayan National Park.
What can you do in Nassau for free?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
Nassau is compact and easy to see in a day, which is quite convenient considering many visitors (coming off cruise ships) only have that long to see it.
Are cruise ports open in the Bahamas?
While the slow-moving nature of Hurricane Dorian devastated Grand Bahama and Abaco, all ports have reopened and business is fully operational in Nassau – the second-most populated cruise destination in the Caribbean.
What ports are in the Bahamas?
Travelers coming into the islands can enter through any of the following ports, listed by island or island group within The Bahamas.
- The Abacos. Green Turtle Club Resort and Marina (Fuel Dock Only)
- Andros. Congo Town.
- Berry Islands. Great Harbour Cay.
- Bimini. Alice Town.
- Cat Island.
- Eleuthera Island.
- The Exumas.
- Long Island.
What port is Nassau Bahamas?
Nassau is Bahamas ‘ main (largest) seaport as well as country’s capital city – located east of Florida USA. Port Nassau is on New Providence Island’s northeastern coast. The city has population around 275,000 and covers total area approx 80 mi2 (207 km2).