- 1 What is the best area to stay in the Bahamas?
- 2 Where is the safest place to stay in the Bahamas?
- 3 What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
- 4 Is it safe to walk around Nassau Bahamas?
- 5 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 6 What is the best month to go to Bahamas?
- 7 When should you not go to the Bahamas?
- 8 What is bad about the Bahamas?
- 9 How many murders have there been in the Bahamas in 2020?
- 10 Where do celebrities stay in Bahamas?
- 11 Is Jamaica or Bahamas better?
- 12 Is Nassau or Freeport Bahamas better?
- 13 Why is Nassau dangerous?
- 14 What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
- 15 What can you do in Nassau for free?
What is the best area to stay in the Bahamas?
Where to stay in the Bahamas first time – Nassau Island
- Paradise Island (mix of beach and nightlife)
- Paradise Island (Easy stay with plenty of kids activities)
- Grand Bahama (relaxed beach time with small kids)
- Long Island (secluded with a resort)
- Andros Island (for the marine parks)
- Bimini Islands (for shipwrecks)
Where is the safest place to stay in the Bahamas?
Safest Islands in the Bahamas
- The Berry Islands.
- Cat Island.
- Crooked Island.
- The Exumas.
- Harbour Island.
- Long Island.
- San Salvador.
What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
Cat Island is one of the least frequented and the most beautiful of all the Bahamas out-islands. While it offers outstanding diving off its south shore, this remote island has hardly been touched by tourism, making it ideal for those seeking the ultimate in peace, and unchartered territory.
Is it safe to walk around Nassau Bahamas?
Do not travel to The Bahamas due to COVID-19. Exercise caution in some areas of The Bahamas due to crime. Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street).
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
What is the best month to go to Bahamas?
The best time to visit the Bahamas is from mid – December to mid – April, the country’s peak season. Though temperatures here are great year-round (they rarely dip below 60 degrees), the islands fall within the hurricane belt, so hurricanes may be a factor between June 1 and Nov. 30 (the Atlantic hurricane season ).
When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Hurricane season, from June 1 until Nov. 30, is a time many travelers avoid the Bahamas. Like in the United States, the months of August, September and October present the highest risk for hurricane activity.
What is bad about the Bahamas?
While safety has improved in the Bahamas, there is still violent crime, mainly in Nassau and the island of Grand Bahama, which includes the city of Freeport. Armed robberies, burglaries, sexual assault, and other violent crimes take place, along with purse snatchings.
How many murders have there been in the Bahamas in 2020?
73 murders recorded in 2020. NASSAU, BAHAMAS — Overall crime decreased by 16 percent in 2020, statistics released by Commissioner of Police Paul Rolle yesterday revealed.
Where do celebrities stay in Bahamas?
The Cove Resort at Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas.
Is Jamaica or Bahamas better?
While Jamaica has some amazing tropical beaches, like those in Montego bay, Ocho Rios and Negril, the Bahamas comes out on top. The beaches in The Bahamas are so plentiful, and so diverse, that you can find a breathtaking white sand beach on dozens, if not hundreds of the 700 islands across the Bahamian archipelago.
Is Nassau or Freeport Bahamas better?
Freeport is smaller, quieter, safer, better beaches, smaller casinos, better snorkeling, better water and less shopping than Nassau.
Why is Nassau dangerous?
MUGGING RISK: HIGH. Violent crime is extremely common in Nassau. The country is ridden with violent crime, and armed robberies, kidnappings, and murders are extremely common, usually not affecting tourists though violence towards foreigners has been on an increase during the past couple of years.
What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
High season is considered to be November and December. The cheapest month to fly to The Bahamas is August.
What can you do in Nassau for free?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.