- 1 Can you buy bullets in Long Island?
- 2 Can you ship ammo to Nassau County NY?
- 3 Can I purchase a shotgun in Nassau County?
- 4 Where can I buy a gun in Nassau County?
- 5 Is it illegal to have bullets in NYC?
- 6 Can I buy ammo in PA if I live in NY?
- 7 Can Ammo be delivered to NY?
- 8 Does PSA ship ammo to NY?
- 9 Does MidwayUSA ship ammo to NY?
- 10 What self defense weapons are legal in Nassau County NY?
- 11 Is there a waiting period to buy a rifle in NY?
- 12 Can I shoot a pistol in NY without a permit?
- 13 Can I buy a handgun in Long Island?
- 14 Can you conceal carry on Long Island?
Can you buy bullets in Long Island?
A: In January 2013 the NY state legislature wrote a bill to prevent the sales of ammunition except for face to face transactions by a NY State licensed dealer. Governor Cuomo signed the bill into law with an effective date of January 15th, 2014.
Can you ship ammo to Nassau County NY?
Registered. Ammo to Long Island is fine, just check the zip code to make sure it’s not going to NYC.
Can I purchase a shotgun in Nassau County?
A pistol license and background check are required to possess a handgun in New York State. No license is needed to buy a rifle or shotgun, except in New York City, though a background check is conducted. In Nassau and Suffolk counties, licenses need to be renewed every five years.
Where can I buy a gun in Nassau County?
Best gun store in Nassau County, NY
- South Shore Sportsman Inc. 6.5 mi. 94 reviews.
- Hunters Essentials. 2.9 mi. 15 reviews.
- LI Outdoorsman. 6.8 mi. 22 reviews.
- Atlantic Tactical. 9.8 mi. 10 reviews.
- Coliseum Gun Traders Ltd. 2.3 mi. 53 reviews.
- Equilibrium Firearms. 2.3 mi. Guns & Ammo, Gun /Rifle Ranges, Firearm Training.
- SP Firearms Unlimited. 4.8 mi.
- Hunter Sports. 8.1 mi.
Is it illegal to have bullets in NYC?
NYC Administrative Code 10-131(i)(3) makes it a misdemeanor for a person who is not authorized to possess a pistol or revolver in the city to possess ammunition for the same.
Can I buy ammo in PA if I live in NY?
According to Ridgway-based state police, it is not illegal for Pennsylvania dealers to sell ammunition to New York state residents, but in some cases Pennsylvania dealers have begun refusing to do so as confusion sets in over the law’s implications beyond the New York state border. “ New York state law does not apply.”
Can Ammo be delivered to NY?
Yes, we are actually able to ship ammo directly to the customers in NY now.
Does PSA ship ammo to NY?
PSA is still shipping ammo to NY according to the thread in GD
Does MidwayUSA ship ammo to NY?
MidwayUSA will not ship ammo to NY FFL.
What self defense weapons are legal in Nassau County NY?
What Self Defense Weapons are Legal in NY? Survival 101
- Pepper Spray.
- Tactical Pen.
- Baseball Bat.
Is there a waiting period to buy a rifle in NY?
New York has enacted a red flag law, prohibits teachers from being armed, banned bump stocks, instituted a 30 day waiting period for purchasers who don’t pass the background check instantly, and operates a gun buyback program.
Can I shoot a pistol in NY without a permit?
The use of handguns shall not be permitted unless the shooter has a valid New York State pistol permit or falls under one of the exemptions set forth in § 265.20 of the New York State Penal Law.
Can I buy a handgun in Long Island?
Overview: It is illegal for anyone who is not licensed in New York to possess a handgun. In order to possess a handgun, you must apply and be approved for a pistol license. In Nassau County, you apply at the Pistol License Section at 1490 Franklin Ave. in Mineola.
Can you conceal carry on Long Island?
Long Island, including Nassau and Suffolk counties, are two of several counties in New York who are very restrictive in issuing conceal carry permits or licenses.