- 1 Does CVS do CDL physicals?
- 2 How much is a DOT physical at CVS?
- 3 What does a CDL medical exam consist of?
- 4 What is a Department of Transportation medical examination?
- 5 What can cause you to fail a DOT physical?
- 6 What are the new DOT physical requirements?
- 7 Will my insurance cover a DOT physical?
- 8 What do they check for in a DOT physical urine test?
- 9 How much does a dot exam cost?
- 10 How do you pass a DOT test?
- 11 What happens if you don’t pass your DOT physical?
- 12 How long is DOT physical good for?
- 13 Can you fail a DOT physical for high blood pressure?
- 14 What is DOT certified?
- 15 What eye chart is used for DOT physical?
Does CVS do CDL physicals?
Your exam at MinuteClinic follows the specific guidelines of the FMCSA to ensure that commercial drivers are in satisfactory health and able to work safely.
How much is a DOT physical at CVS?
The cost for a USDOT exam at MinuteClinic is $109 and $35 for a follow up exam visit. Health care insurance does not cover DOT physicals but most insurance is accepted for other MinuteClinic services.
What does a CDL medical exam consist of?
The doctor performs a series of tests to check your blood pressure, vision, hearing, digestive, and mental health. You might also undergo urinalysis for diabetes and drug testing. A DOT physical can take between 30 minutes and one hour to complete.
What is a Department of Transportation medical examination?
A Department of Transportation ( DOT ) physical is a health examination mandated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) for commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers. A DOT physical helps determine if a driver is physically, mentally, and emotionally fit to operate a CMV.
What can cause you to fail a DOT physical?
There are many reasons a driver may fail the DOT exam, some things are within your control and others are not. Why did I fail?
- High blood pressure.
- Alcoholism or drug use.
- Missing extremities.
- Cardiovascular or respiratory disease.
- Poor eyesight or hearing.
- A nervous or psychiatric disease.
What are the new DOT physical requirements?
DOT physical exam requirements include:
- Color distinction.
- Blood pressure.
- Cardiovascular health.
- Physical endurance.
Will my insurance cover a DOT physical?
No. DOT exams are generally not covered by insurance. Employers may pay for the exam and in those cases, it is important that the driver get the approval of their employer before getting an exam.
What do they check for in a DOT physical urine test?
Your employer may request that you have a drug screen done while you take your DOT physical. That drug test typically screens for marijuana, cocaine, opiates, phencyclidine and amphetamines/methamphetamines.
How much does a dot exam cost?
What is my cost of getting a DOT or CDL physical examination? Regardless of health insurance, the charge for a DOT medical exam is $95 ($85 for the exam and $10 for federal reporting). This includes a urine test and an eye exam, too!
How do you pass a DOT test?
Tips to pass a DOT Physical
- Bring all necessary documents and paperwork. This includes:
- Be honest when answering questions about your health history.
- Start making healthy choices now.
- Stay away from illegal substances.
- Be diligent about taking your medications.
- Avoid unhealthy habits the day of.
What happens if you don’t pass your DOT physical?
Otherwise, you won’t pass the DOT physical. This means that your commercial driving license will become invalid. To avoid a revoked license (and a loss of your job) make sure that you put your health first. Those who are given the extra time to get their medical condition under control should use it wisely.
How long is DOT physical good for?
A DOT physical exam is valid for up to 24 months. The medical examiner may also issue a medical examiner’s certificate for less than 24 months when it is desirable to monitor a condition, such as high blood pressure.
Can you fail a DOT physical for high blood pressure?
Unable to receive DOT medical certification: A blood pressure reading of 180/110 or higher is considered stage 3 hypertension and DOT medical certification may not be possible. The driver may be given treatment options and can test again at a later time for a re-check, to get a six-month certification.
What is DOT certified?
DOT certification is a seal of quality that shows a driver has the skills and competence to drive commercial vehicles on America’s roads and highways. To become DOT certified, a driver must undergo a physical exam and a series of safe-driving tests. The U.S. Department of Transportation administers DOT certification.
What eye chart is used for DOT physical?
True color perception is not required. The visual acuity test is used to determine the smallest letters you can read on a standardized chart ( Snellen chart ) or a card held 20 feet away.