- 1 How do I find out if a contractor is licensed in NY?
- 2 Do contractors need a license in New York?
- 3 How do I become a licensed plumber in Nassau County?
- 4 How do I become a licensed contractor in Long Island?
- 5 Does a handyman need a license in NY?
- 6 How do you get a home improvement license in NY?
- 7 What is the difference between home improvement contractor and general contractor?
- 8 How do I start my own construction company?
- 9 How do I get a contractors license in California with no experience?
- 10 How do I get a plumbing license in NY?
- 11 How do I get a business license in Nassau County Florida?
- 12 Who needs a home improvement license in Suffolk County?
- 13 Can a home improvement contractor do commercial work?
- 14 Can NJ contractor work in NY?
How do I find out if a contractor is licensed in NY?
Would you like to take a survey about your visit? You can check if a home improvement contractor is licensed by the Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA). Business Outside of New York City
- Agency: Nassau County Consumer Affairs.
- Phone Number: (516) 571-2449.
- Business Hours: Monday – Friday: 9 AM – 5 PM.
Do contractors need a license in New York?
A person or business must have a Home Improvement Contractor license to do construction, repair, remodeling, or other home improvement work to any residential land or building in New York City. This description is only a general explanation of who must have a Home Improvement Contractor license.
How do I become a licensed plumber in Nassau County?
To obtain a license, an applicant must have spent at least five years as a journeyman plumber and be able to pass a written and hands-on exam. Under the amendment, a three-person board of master plumbers will review license renewals and new license applications.
How do I become a licensed contractor in Long Island?
Your requirements for a New York Contractors License include submitting an application and appropriate fee, proof of identity (driver’s license, for example), and proof of liability insurance coverage and, if you will be employing any staff/ contractors, workers’ compensation insurance.
Does a handyman need a license in NY?
New York. There are no state licensing requirements for handymen or general contractors in New York. However, there are laws and regulations at a local level. Check handyman license requirements with local government before you do any work.
How do you get a home improvement license in NY?
To obtain a Home Improvement Contractor License, please visit the New York City Department of Consumer Affairs or call (212) 487-4060. If you need to renew, change or update your license, call (212) 487-4104.
What is the difference between home improvement contractor and general contractor?
A home improvement contractor is more of company that does it’s own work with it’s own people unless it’s a specialty trade that’s needed. A general contractor uses more subcontractors and also manages other job sites and can also operate as a consultant.
How do I start my own construction company?
Steps to Start a Construction Company
- Creating a Business Plan.
- Performing thorough Research.
- Registering or Legalising the Business.
- Building Network and Hiring Workforce.
- Contracting a Fleet of Vehicles.
- Getting the Business and Workers Insured.
- Sourcing of Funds or Loans.
How do I get a contractors license in California with no experience?
Using California as an example, the following paths can help a new contractor get licensed without having the State-mandated experience pre-requisite.
- RECEIVING A GRANDFATHERED CONTRACTOR LICENSE.
- WORKING WITH AN RMO OR RME.
- LICENSING BOARD WAIVER.
- WORKING TOWARDS QUALIFYING.
How do I get a plumbing license in NY?
Have at least seven (7) years of total experience* within the ten (10) years prior to application in the planning or design, and installation of plumbing systems under the direct and continuing supervision of a licensed Master Plumber in the United States; at least two (2) years of this required practical experience
How do I get a business license in Nassau County Florida?
For more information, please visit the Florida License website or call the Customer Contact Center at 850-487-1395. Specialty and Contractor Licenses can be obtained from the DBPR and will allow you to conduct business anywhere in the State.
Who needs a home improvement license in Suffolk County?
Generally, both contractors and salespeople must be licensed. A salesperson is generally one who sells goods or services pursuant to a home improvement contract in a representative capacity.
Can a home improvement contractor do commercial work?
General Contractor without Residential Contractor Endorsement – Can undertake commercial work or residential remodel work less than 25% of the value of the structure. No exam is required.
Can NJ contractor work in NY?
The First of several reasons is that many Connecticut or New Jersey contractors general liability policies specifically exclude any work in the state of New York. In addition to a New York exclusion, you also need to watch out for an injury to employee exclusion or action over exclusion.