- 1 How much does a taxi cost in Nassau Bahamas?
- 2 Are taxis safe in Nassau Bahamas?
- 3 How much is a taxi ride from Nassau Airport to Atlantis?
- 4 How do I get a taxi in Nassau Bahamas?
- 5 Do you tip cab drivers in Bahamas?
- 6 Is water in Nassau safe to drink?
- 7 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 8 When should you not go to the Bahamas?
- 9 Is it safe to walk in Nassau?
- 10 Does Atlantis have free airport shuttle?
- 11 Is there Uber on Nassau?
- 12 How long is the taxi ride from Nassau Airport to Atlantis?
- 13 What is the best currency to use in Bahamas?
- 14 How do you get around Nassau?
- 15 Can I use US dollars in Bahamas?
How much does a taxi cost in Nassau Bahamas?
On-Island Transportation Taxis are located outside the hotels and may also be hired by the hour. From the Nassau airport taxi rates are approximately $32 to downtown Nassau, $22 to Cable Beach and $38 to Paradise Island—plus the bridge toll.
Are taxis safe in Nassau Bahamas?
Whether you need to get to your hotel from the airport or want to explore Nassau, you should always avoid taxis that appear unlicensed. Your best bet: Ask the front door staff at your hotel or resort, or the restaurant or club you’re visiting, to arrange a licensed taxi for you.
How much is a taxi ride from Nassau Airport to Atlantis?
All of the taxi fares are in accordance with the ministry of public works and transport. The zone rates from the airport to Paradise Island Atlantis for the conveyance of the first 2 passengers it’s $38 + $2.00 for the bridge toll. Each additional passengers is $4.00 per person.
How do I get a taxi in Nassau Bahamas?
The formal way to hail a cab in Nassau or Freeport is at a taxi stand, located outside large hotels, popular restaurants and major attractions. You can also call an individual cab for pickup, which is the only way to do it in the Out Islands.
Do you tip cab drivers in Bahamas?
In the Bahamas, service staff and hotel workers expect to be tipped. The usual tip for service from a taxi driver or waiter is 15% and $1–$2 a bag for porters. Most travelers leave $1 to $3 per day for their hotel maid, usually every morning since the maid may have a day off.
Is water in Nassau safe to drink?
Drinking water is generally of good quality Drinking tap water in the Bahamas is generally of good quality and safety is considered to be well regulated.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Hurricane season, from June 1 until Nov. 30, is a time many travelers avoid the Bahamas. Like in the United States, the months of August, September and October present the highest risk for hurricane activity.
Is it safe to walk in Nassau?
Violent crime is extremely common in Nassau. The country is ridden with violent crime, and armed robberies, kidnappings, and murders are extremely common, usually not affecting tourists though violence towards foreigners has been on an increase during the past couple of years.
Does Atlantis have free airport shuttle?
We are conveniently located minutes from the Reno-Tahoe International Airport and offer complimentary airport shuttle for all hotel guests. The Atlantis shuttle runs from 4:30 am until 12:15 am. The shuttle departs the airport every 30 minutes, on the quarter hour, and can be found directly outside baggage claim.
Is there Uber on Nassau?
(Rideshare apps like Uber and Lyft are not available in the Bahamas.) The islands’ biggest airports are Nassau’s Lynden Pindling International Airport (LPIA), Grand Bahama International Airport (FPO) and Exuma International Airport (GGT).
How long is the taxi ride from Nassau Airport to Atlantis?
The best way to get from Nassau Airport (NAS) to Atlantis Paradise Island without a car is to taxi which takes 15 min and costs $60 – $75.
What is the best currency to use in Bahamas?
The legal tender is the Bahamian dollar (B$1), which is equivalent in value to the U.S. dollar. Both U.S. and Bahamian dollars are accepted interchangeably throughout the islands. Some Bahamian currency and coins are are considered novelties and make good souvenirs such as the square 15¢ coin and the $3.00 bill.
How do you get around Nassau?
Your best bet is to stick with taxis, jitneys (local medium sized buses) and the ferry boats.
- Public Jitney. There are many jitney buses traveling around Nassau and into the suburban areas of Nassau.
- Paradise Island to Nassau and Back.
- Atlantis Casino Shuttles.
- Scooter Rentals.
- Horse Drawn Surrey.
Can I use US dollars in Bahamas?
Currency and Exchange The U.S. dollar is on par with the Bahamian dollar and is accepted all over the Bahamas. Bahamian money runs in bills of $1, $5, $10, $20, $50, and $100. Since U.S. currency is accepted everywhere, there really is no need to change to Bahamian.