- 1 What can you do in Nassau for free?
- 2 Is it safe to walk around Nassau?
- 3 What can you do in Nassau for one day?
- 4 Is Nassau Safe 2020?
- 5 What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
- 6 Can you go to Atlantis without paying?
- 7 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 8 Why is Nassau dangerous?
- 9 What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
- 10 Can you just walk around Atlantis?
- 11 Is there ziplining in Nassau Bahamas?
- 12 What is the currency in Nassau Bahamas?
- 13 When should you not go to the Bahamas?
- 14 What is Nassau famous for?
- 15 Is it safe to swim in Bahamas?
What can you do in Nassau for free?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
Is it safe to walk around Nassau?
Do not travel to The Bahamas due to COVID-19. Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street).
What can you do in Nassau for one day?
With one day in Nassau you can easily see historical forts, do some shopping and visit a distillery. What to See in Nassau
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- Rawson Square.
- Parliament Square.
- Bay Street and the Straw Market.
- Christ Church Cathedral.
- Government House.
- St. Francis Xavier Cathedral.
Is Nassau Safe 2020?
Nassau, the New Province Island and Grand Bahama are known for violent crime which is also targeting tourists. While not all of the islands is dangerous, you should stay aware of your surroundings at all times.
What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
Find Things to Do in Nassau on Viator
- Atlantis Resort.
- Blue Lagoon Island Beach.
- Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim.
- Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience.
- Ardastra Gardens.
- Glass Bottom Boat.
- Resort Day Pass.
Can you go to Atlantis without paying?
True to the marine feel of the hotel, Atlantis Paradise Island ( atlantis.com) is home to not just one water slide, but an entire water park. Access is free for hotel guests, and open to the public for a fee.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
Why is Nassau dangerous?
MUGGING RISK: HIGH. Violent crime is extremely common in Nassau. The country is ridden with violent crime, and armed robberies, kidnappings, and murders are extremely common, usually not affecting tourists though violence towards foreigners has been on an increase during the past couple of years.
What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
High season is considered to be November and December. The cheapest month to fly to The Bahamas is August.
Can you just walk around Atlantis?
mjkacmom. You can walk around the casino (without kids). You can walk around the marina village.
Is there ziplining in Nassau Bahamas?
Saturday, February 3rd, Pirates Cove Zipline and Waterpark officially opened the newest tourist attraction on Grand Bahama Island, making this island the only place in The Islands Of The Bahamas where the thrills of ziplining can be experienced.
What is the currency in Nassau Bahamas?
The legal tender is the Bahamian dollar, which is equivalent in value to the U.S. dollar. U.S. currency is accepted throughout Nassau Paradise Island, as are most major credit cards and traveler’s checks.
When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Hurricane season, from June 1 until Nov. 30, is a time many travelers avoid the Bahamas. Like in the United States, the months of August, September and October present the highest risk for hurricane activity.
What is Nassau famous for?
On the northeast coast of New Providence Island, the city of Nassau is one of the most popular cruise ship ports in the Caribbean. It’s also the capital and commercial hub of The Bahamas. Nassau Harbor, protected by the tourist hot spot of Paradise Island, bustles with boat traffic.
Is it safe to swim in Bahamas?
Water Dangers Do not swim beyond the marked areas or you could get pulled away from the land and even swept out to sea. Most beaches have flags indicating if it’s safe. If you have children, only swim when you see a green flag. Sharks and other possibly dangerous fish roam the waters here.