- 1 What is the best town to live in on Long Island?
- 2 What are the bad areas of Long Island?
- 3 Is Hempstead a good neighborhood?
- 4 Where is the cheapest place to live Long Island?
- 5 What is the richest town in Long Island?
- 6 What is the safest town on Long Island?
- 7 Is Wyandanch a ghetto?
- 8 What is the most ghetto borough in NYC?
- 9 Is Hempstead a ghetto?
- 10 How bad is Hempstead?
- 11 Is West Hempstead safe?
- 12 Is it cheaper to live in Queens or Long Island?
- 13 How much money do you need to live on Long Island?
- 14 Why are Long Island property taxes so high?
What is the best town to live in on Long Island?
1. Smithtown The Smithtown neighborhood ranks high in desirability for young families and professionals. The tree-lined streets give the neighborhood a picturesque look and family-friendly atmosphere. The commute to Manhattan is 90 minutes by car, and the Smithtown (Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) offers parking.
What are the bad areas of Long Island?
Long Beach (. 86 violent crimes per 1,000 residents) also cracked the top five. Other Long Island municipalities to make the top 50 on the list:
- Lynbrook (11th);
- East Hampton (16th);
- Rockville Centre (22nd);
- Hyde Park (24th);
- Port Washington (25th);
- Southold (29th);
- Freeport (31st);
- Southampton (32nd);
Is Hempstead a good neighborhood?
Hempstead is in Nassau County and is one of the best places to live in New York. Living in Hempstead offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. Many young professionals live in Hempstead and residents tend to be liberal. The public schools in Hempstead are highly rated.
Where is the cheapest place to live Long Island?
The 10 Most Affordable Suburbs in Long Island
- Smithtown. The town of Smithtown is located in Suffolk County.
- Stony Brook. The Suburb of Stony Brook is located in Suffolk County in the town of Brookhaven.
- Massapequa Park. Massapequa Park is a suburb in Nassau County in the town of Oyster Bay.
- Lake Ronkonkoma.
What is the richest town in Long Island?
The 3 Most Expensive Neighborhoods in Long Island
- Old Westbury, located in Oyster Bay on Long Island’s north shore, has become home to many of the country’s most notable families, including the du Ponts, Vanderbilts, and Whitneys.
- Sands Point is the wealthiest town in New York state, with a median home price of $2 million.
What is the safest town on Long Island?
New York State’s safest community is East Hampton Town, an affluent Long Island community which logged a very high 1.29 score on the Safety Index. East Hampton enjoys a low violent crime rate of 0.85 per 1,000 and a property crime rate of 11.34 per 1,000.
Is Wyandanch a ghetto?
Wyandanch is one of the very few Long Island communities that I would truly consider to be ghetto to the core and Wyandanch really needs a miracle.
What is the most ghetto borough in NYC?
Here are the 10 most risky NYC neighborhoods
- Brooklyn Heights, Boerum Hill, Dumbo.
- Chelsea and Hell’s Kitchen.
- Fort Green and Clinton Hill.
- Flatiron and Gramercy.
- Hunts Point.
Is Hempstead a ghetto?
Hempstead And when you look at the education numbers and number of inner city shopping outlets in the area, Hempstead is by definition, a ghetto. Located on Long Island, this city has seen its fair share of negative coverage from news outlets across the country.
How bad is Hempstead?
It’s still high crime for LI standards and it can be pretty hood in some parts, but living your day to day life you will most likely be fine. it’s one of the worst areas in Hemsptead.
Is West Hempstead safe?
It’s a safe neighborhood. There are many close supermarkets, pharmacies, banks, mail offices, transportation and more. West Hempstead is an extremely diverse neighborhood and it deserves better than it has. It is populated by middle class families but since it is on Long Island there is an unfairly high tax rate.
Is it cheaper to live in Queens or Long Island?
Cheaper is a relative term because there are so many different factors to the costs of living. As far as buying property, homes in Nassau, in most places, are cheaper then in Queens. As far as buying property, homes in Nassau, in most places, are cheaper then in Queens.
How much money do you need to live on Long Island?
The organization’s family budget calculator estimates how costly it is to live in each of America’s 3,142 counties and 611 metro areas. The group estimates a family of two adults and two children in the Nassau/Suffolk metro area would need to earn a combined $139,545 per year — or $11,629 a month — to live comfortably.
Why are Long Island property taxes so high?
Property Values Are Higher In comparison, the median price of homes across the USA is about $250,000. This means that property values in Long Island are more than twice the national average. For this reason, those who live here will naturally have higher property assessment rates.