- 1 What is there to do in Nassau Bahamas without excursion?
- 2 How do you save money on cruise excursions?
- 3 Is it better to book excursions through cruise ship?
- 4 What do you do when you get off the cruise ship in Nassau?
- 5 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 6 What can you do in Nassau for free?
- 7 Is it cheaper to buy excursions in advance?
- 8 How much money should you save to go on a cruise?
- 9 How much should you save for a cruise?
- 10 Are shore excursions worth it?
- 11 Are cruise shore excursions worth the money?
- 12 Are excursions cheaper on the ship?
- 13 Is there a free beach in Nassau?
- 14 What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
- 15 Can you visit Atlantis for free?
What is there to do in Nassau Bahamas without excursion?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
How do you save money on cruise excursions?
Here are 10 easy ways to stretch that vacation budget as far as it will go.
- Book restaurant packages.
- Look for specialty restaurant specials.
- Book spa treatments on port days.
- Don’t over-tip.
- Go on your own on shore.
- Disconnect at sea.
- Save on your bar bill with discounted packages.
- Look for drink specials.
Is it better to book excursions through cruise ship?
You Will Save Money There is no obligation to sign up for a shore excursion through the cruise line, despite the inclination to. By booking your shore excursion through us, you will undoubtedly save money on tours at port that otherwise may have gone unnoticed.
What do you do when you get off the cruise ship in Nassau?
Read on to find out more:
- Explore Downtown. It’s always a good idea to set aside some little time to explore a port of call.
- Walk Queen’s Staircase.
- Tour Fort Fincastle.
- Visit the Historic Parliament Square.
- Pirate of Nassau Museum.
- Swim With Pigs.
- Public Library & Museum.
- Nassau Straw Market.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
What can you do in Nassau for free?
- Cable Beach. 2,293. Beaches. By by Glori4.
- Queen’s Staircase. 2,169. Historic Sites. By by NCMom1977.
- John Watling’s Distillery. 848. Speciality & Gift Shops • Bar, Club & Pub Tours.
- Cabbage Beach. 1,048. Beaches.
- Baha Mar Casino. 364. Casinos.
- Junkanoo Beach. 2,041. Beaches.
- Straw Market. 2,188. Flea & Street Markets.
- Jaws Beach. 185. Beaches.
Is it cheaper to buy excursions in advance?
2 – You’ll almost always be overpaying in advance Booking online from a third party you’ll be lucky to get the list price, and it’ll probably be 10 to 20% more. If they charge you the list price online, there’s a very good chance you’ll find 20%-Off coupons in the lobby of your hotel.
How much money should you save to go on a cruise?
Typically, you should expect to spend closer to $50 per person, per night for an inside room and around $200 per person, per night for a balcony room. Keep in mind, there is a lot of range in prices, so it will depend on what you end up choosing.
How much should you save for a cruise?
What Is The Average Amount of Cash to Bring on a Cruise? On a cruise, most guests bring between $100-$120 in cash per day to be spent on transportation, tips, gifts, food, and shopping.
Are shore excursions worth it?
Taking a tour in every port can quickly inflate your onboard bill. Shore excursions are worth it if you want to venture to attractions that are located far from the pier, learn more about an area through a guide or participate in physical activities where gear is required (biking, diving, golf).
Are cruise shore excursions worth the money?
If you go on an excursion arranged through the cruise line, and they return late, you’re guaranteed that the ship won’t leave until you return. If you go on a third-party excursion, though, that’s not the case. It can cost a lot of money to catch up to the ship in the next port, and it’s all money out of your pocket.
Are excursions cheaper on the ship?
Ships take up to a 50% cut of the cost of the excursion. Whether your Alaska excursion costs $50 or $500, a much smaller portion actually gets passed on to the tour operator.
Is there a free beach in Nassau?
Cable Beach There’s a reason the resorts are there: Cable Beach is a breathtaking beach paradise and a great place to unwind and relax. Cable Beach is public beach, so you can access its 2.5 miles of white sand wonder free of charge.
What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
Find Things to Do in Nassau on Viator
- Atlantis Resort.
- Blue Lagoon Island Beach.
- Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim.
- Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience.
- Ardastra Gardens.
- Glass Bottom Boat.
- Resort Day Pass.
Can you visit Atlantis for free?
True to the marine feel of the hotel, Atlantis Paradise Island ( atlantis.com) is home to not just one water slide, but an entire water park. Access is free for hotel guests, and open to the public for a fee.