- 1 What is there to do at Nassau cruise port?
- 2 What can you do for free in Nassau Bahamas?
- 3 What is there to do in Nassau without excursion?
- 4 Where does the cruise ship dock in Nassau Bahamas?
- 5 What are the most dangerous cruise ports?
- 6 Can you visit Atlantis for free?
- 7 What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
- 8 How dangerous is Nassau Bahamas?
- 9 Is there a free beach in Nassau?
- 10 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 11 Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
- 12 Is there Uber in Nassau Bahamas?
- 13 How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
- 14 How can I spend a day in Nassau Bahamas?
- 15 What is the best cruise to the Bahamas?
What is there to do at Nassau cruise port?
The 12 Best Things to Do in Nassau on a Cruise
- #1 Visit the Atlantis Resort.
- #2 Trip to Rose Island.
- #3 See the Queen’s Staircase.
- #4 Junkanoo Beach.
- #5 Señor Frog’s.
- #6 Mini Sub Tour.
- #7 Snorkeling Tour.
- #8 Excursion to Pearl Island.
What can you do for free in Nassau Bahamas?
8 Free (or Cheap ) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
What is there to do in Nassau without excursion?
- Frommers: Beaches in Bahamas.
- Nassau Paradise Island: The Queen’s Staircase.
- Nassau Paradise Island: Tour Local Forts.
- AMMC Bahamas: Pompey Museum of Slavery and Emancipation.
- The Islands of the Bahamas: Museums.
- Pirates of Nassau: Pirates of the Bahamas.
- Cruise Critic: Nassau Cruise Port.
Where does the cruise ship dock in Nassau Bahamas?
Cruise ships visiting Nassau dock at the Prince George Wharf within short walking distance of Bay Street and the downtown district.
What are the most dangerous cruise ports?
10 Of The Most Dangerous Cruise Ports To Avoid (10 Tourist Favorites)
- 8 Jakarta, Indonesia.
- 7 Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- 6 Tunis, Tunisha.
- 5 Margarita Island, Venezuela.
- 4 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- 3 Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
- 2 Izmit, Turkey.
- 1 Aden, Yemen.
Can you visit Atlantis for free?
True to the marine feel of the hotel, Atlantis Paradise Island ( atlantis.com) is home to not just one water slide, but an entire water park. Access is free for hotel guests, and open to the public for a fee.
What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
Find Things to Do in Nassau on Viator
- Atlantis Resort.
- Blue Lagoon Island Beach.
- Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim.
- Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience.
- Ardastra Gardens.
- Glass Bottom Boat.
- Resort Day Pass.
How dangerous is Nassau Bahamas?
Is the Bahamas Dangerous? While safety has improved in the Bahamas, there is still violent crime, mainly in Nassau and the island of Grand Bahama, which includes the city of Freeport. Armed robberies, burglaries, sexual assault, and other violent crimes take place, along with purse snatchings.
Is there a free beach in Nassau?
Cable Beach Cable Beach is public beach, so you can access its 2.5 miles of white sand wonder free of charge. (To keep costs low, catch the cheap local bus from the cruise port instead of a taxi.) 11.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
Nassau is compact and easy to see in a day, which is quite convenient considering many visitors (coming off cruise ships) only have that long to see it.
Is there Uber in Nassau Bahamas?
No, Uber and Lyft do not operate in the Bahamas. You will find this to be the case in many “paradise” type locations and islands. It is not a great market location for rideshares (a lot of times people will just walk to where they need to go on the island). However, there ARE taxis that operate in the Bahamas.
How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
Cable Beach is located on the main-land (Providence Island) roughly six miles west of Nassau Cruise Port. From your terminal (Prince George’s Wharf) you can hop in a taxi and get there in 20 minutes.
How can I spend a day in Nassau Bahamas?
One- Day Itinerary to Nassau: 10 things to do in the capital of the Bahamas
- Visit Festival Place. Prince George Wharf.
- Admire Parliament Square. E Bay Street.
- Shop on Bay Street.
- Try rum cake.
- Buy local handmade crafts at Straw Market.
- See Fort Fincastle.
- Go up and down the Queen’s Staircase.
- Discover the huge Atlantis Resort.
What is the best cruise to the Bahamas?
Best Cruise Lines in the Caribbean
- #1. Disney Cruise Line. #1 in Best Cruise Lines in the Caribbean.
- #2. Royal Caribbean International. #2 in Best Cruise Lines in the Caribbean.
- #3. Seabourn Cruise Line. #3 in Best Cruise Lines in the Caribbean.
- #4. Celebrity Cruises.
- #5. Carnival Cruise Line.
- #6. Norwegian Cruise Line.
- #7. Princess Cruises.
- #8. Holland America Line.