- 1 What is the average salary of a Nassau County police officer?
- 2 How long is Nassau Police Academy?
- 3 How many college credits do you need for Nassau County police?
- 4 How do I sign up for the Nassau County police exam?
- 5 How much do cops make in Suffolk County?
- 6 How many police officers are there in Nassau County?
- 7 What is the highest paid job in the police?
- 8 What are the requirements to be a Nassau County police officer?
- 9 How often is the Nassau County police exam?
- 10 What disqualifies you from being a cop?
- 11 How do I become a cop without going to college?
- 12 How fast can I get 60 college credits?
- 13 How long is a civil service exam good for?
- 14 Do you need college credits to be a Suffolk County police officer?
What is the average salary of a Nassau County police officer?
How much does a Police Officer at Nassau County Police Department make? The typical Nassau County Police Department Police Officer salary is $89,411. Police Officer salaries at Nassau County Police Department can range from $37,524 – $129,254.
How long is Nassau Police Academy?
NCPD requires a significantly more rigorous training program than New York state mandates — Nassau puts cadets through 1,050 to 1,200 hours of training over seven months, compared to the minimum 639 hours that the state requires for basic police training. More to come.
How many college credits do you need for Nassau County police?
Education: You must have earned 60 college credits with a minimum 2.0 GPA from an accredited institution or 2 years of active military service in the U.S. Armed Forces in order to be appointed to the title of Police Officer.
How do I sign up for the Nassau County police exam?
How to Apply for the 2019 Nassau County Police Exam
- You must create an account and select a password on our online portal.
- You should apply for the exam from your personal computer (and not from your work computer).
- Once you have filled out the form, you will receive an automated email for confirmation.
How much do cops make in Suffolk County?
Starting salary $42,000 * annually, increasing incrementally to $111,506 after twelve (12) years of service. Night shift payments.
How many police officers are there in Nassau County?
|Nassau County Police Department|
|Legal jurisdiction||Nassau County, New York|
|General nature||Local civilian police|
|Police Officers||2,400 (2018)|
What is the highest paid job in the police?
Ranking the Top 10 Highest Paying Criminal Justice Careers
- Private Investigators and Detectives.
- Police Officers.
- Federal Marshals.
- Forensics Analysts.
- Probation Officers.
- Corrections Officers.
What are the requirements to be a Nassau County police officer?
- Be at least 19 years of age.
- Be a United States citizen.
- Be a High School Graduate or possess a State Equivalency.
- Never received a Dishonorable Discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States.
How often is the Nassau County police exam?
Recruitment. Recruitment to the Nassau County Police Department comes as a result of the Nassau County Police Exam, which is conducted once in every 4 to 6 years, depending on how soon their list of successful candidates expires. 6
What disqualifies you from being a cop?
Traffic violations that can disqualify a potential police officer include a license suspension, a DUI or other type of reckless driving conviction, or a record of multiple moving violations.
How do I become a cop without going to college?
The lack of a college degree will not be an insurmountable road block for someone interested in becoming a police officer. Many law enforcement agencies hire applicants with a high school diploma or its equivalent, provided he meets other minimal qualifications set by the state and local police department.
How fast can I get 60 college credits?
How long does it take to earn 60 college credits? If you attend college on a traditional campus, it will take two years to complete 60 college credits. However, you may have the option to test out of at least 30 credit hours, speeding the time to completion by one year.
How long is a civil service exam good for?
Open examinations state on the examination announcement the length of time the eligible list will be active. Open lists are generally active from 6 months to one year, and may be extended up to a maximum of 4 years. Promotional eligible lists are valid for 2 years.
Do you need college credits to be a Suffolk County police officer?
You must have a high school diploma or GED- NO College Credits Required to become a Suffolk County Police Officer.