- 1 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 2 What should I buy in Nassau?
- 3 Is it safe to walk in downtown Nassau?
- 4 Can you walk from Paradise Island to downtown Nassau?
- 5 Is Nassau dangerous at night?
- 6 What is illegal in the Bahamas?
- 7 Are things cheaper in Bahamas?
- 8 What can you do in Nassau for free?
- 9 Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
- 10 What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
- 11 Is Nassau Safe 2020?
- 12 When should you not go to the Bahamas?
- 13 Can you just walk into Atlantis?
- 14 Do you tip cab drivers in Bahamas?
- 15 How much is a cab from Nassau to Paradise Island?
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
What should I buy in Nassau?
Amazing Things to Buy in The Bahamas
- Straw Goods.
- Conch Shell Jewelry.
- Jams and Jellies.
- Pine Seed Doll.
- Junkanoo Art.
Is it safe to walk in downtown Nassau?
WOMEN TRAVELERS RISK: LOW Nassau isn’t the safest destination for solo female travelers. Women have reported catcalls and sexual harassment while walking on the streets of this city. If you are a female solo traveler, you are advised to reject rides from strangers or taxi drivers who appear unlicensed.
Can you walk from Paradise Island to downtown Nassau?
Most visitors walk around Paradise Island’s most densely developed sections and hire a taxi for the occasional longer haul. The most popular way to reach nearby Nassau is to walk across the toll bridge. There is no charge for pedestrians.
Is Nassau dangerous at night?
Visitors to New Providence Island should avoid “over the hill” neighborhoods south of downtown Nassau (south of Shirley Street), particularly at night. Criminal activity is much less common in the Out Islands but has included burglaries and thefts, particularly of boats and/or outboard motors.
What is illegal in the Bahamas?
Additionally, taking coral, sea fans, or tropical fish is illegal. It’s also illegal for non Bahamian residents to use fishing nets or traps (other than a cast net) or to sell marine products. Traditional fishing with a hook or lure and a pole, rod, or reel, is allowed.
Are things cheaper in Bahamas?
While meal prices in the Bahamas can vary, the average cost of food in the Bahamas is BS$42 per day. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner. The price of food in sit-down restaurants in the Bahamas is often higher than fast food prices or street food prices.
What can you do in Nassau for free?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
Nassau is compact and easy to see in a day, which is quite convenient considering many visitors (coming off cruise ships) only have that long to see it.
What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
High season is considered to be November and December. The cheapest month to fly to The Bahamas is August.
Is Nassau Safe 2020?
Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street). Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault occur, but generally not in tourist areas.
When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Hurricane season, from June 1 until Nov. 30, is a time many travelers avoid the Bahamas. Like in the United States, the months of August, September and October present the highest risk for hurricane activity.
Can you just walk into Atlantis?
Once you ‘ve arrived on the island, there’s no need to rent a car, as visitors can easily walk the grounds and explore everything the hotel has to offer on foot.
Do you tip cab drivers in Bahamas?
In the Bahamas, service staff and hotel workers expect to be tipped. The usual tip for service from a taxi driver or waiter is 15% and $1–$2 a bag for porters. Most travelers leave $1 to $3 per day for their hotel maid, usually every morning since the maid may have a day off.
How much is a cab from Nassau to Paradise Island?
From the Nassau airport taxi rates are approximately $32 to downtown Nassau, $22 to Cable Beach and $38 to Paradise Island—plus the bridge toll. Fares are based on two passengers; there is an additional charge for extra passengers and extra luggage.