- 1 Is Nassau or Freeport Bahamas better?
- 2 Which part of the Bahamas is the best?
- 3 What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
- 4 Which island in the Bahamas is the safest?
- 5 Is Freeport Bahamas safe?
- 6 Why is Nassau so expensive?
- 7 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 8 What is the best month to go to Bahamas?
- 9 Where do celebrities stay in Bahamas?
- 10 Is Jamaica or Bahamas better?
- 11 What is the cheapest island in the Bahamas?
- 12 What is the most dangerous Caribbean island?
- 13 What is the friendliest Caribbean island?
- 14 Which Caribbean island has the most beautiful woman?
Is Nassau or Freeport Bahamas better?
Freeport is smaller, quieter, safer, better beaches, smaller casinos, better snorkeling, better water and less shopping than Nassau.
Which part of the Bahamas is the best?
The Best Island To Visit In The Bahamas
- New Providence and Paradise Island.
- Grand Bahama Island.
- The Abacos.
- Andros, Bimini and The Berry Islands.
- Eleuthera and Harbour Island.
- The Exumas.
- The Southern islands.
What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
Cat Island is one of the least frequented and the most beautiful of all the Bahamas out-islands. While it offers outstanding diving off its south shore, this remote island has hardly been touched by tourism, making it ideal for those seeking the ultimate in peace, and unchartered territory.
Which island in the Bahamas is the safest?
The other islands (such as like Abacos, Andros, Eleuthera, Exumas – locally called Family Islands or Out Islands ) are generally safer than Nassau or New Providence, with little violent crime occurring.
Is Freeport Bahamas safe?
Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence (Nassau) and Grand Bahama ( Freeport ) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street). Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault occur, but generally not in tourist areas.
Why is Nassau so expensive?
The higher cost of living in the Bahamas are due to the fact that most goods need to be imported, and all of these items are taxed, when they arrive and clear customs. Unlike the US, there is no income tax in the Bahamas.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
What is the best month to go to Bahamas?
The best time to visit the Bahamas is from mid – December to mid – April, the country’s peak season. Though temperatures here are great year-round (they rarely dip below 60 degrees), the islands fall within the hurricane belt, so hurricanes may be a factor between June 1 and Nov. 30 (the Atlantic hurricane season ).
Where do celebrities stay in Bahamas?
The Cove Resort at Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas.
Is Jamaica or Bahamas better?
Though Jamaica may have some amazing beaches and reefs, the snorkeling in the Bahamas, especially in the out islands, is slightly better. Along with the diversity, the easy access, and number of islands with reefs in The Bahamas, lets these 700 Bahamian islands take the top prize in this category.
What is the cheapest island in the Bahamas?
Most visitors fly into Nassau (on New Providence Island ) or Freeport (on Grand Bahama Island ); it’s worth checking fares to both airports to see which is cheaper. Consider Grand Bahama Island for a quieter, more laid-back vacation, while high-energy Nassau suits travelers looking for lots of activities and nightlife.
What is the most dangerous Caribbean island?
Jamaica is probably the most dangerous spot in all of the Caribbean and thus it tops our list. Certain areas of Kingston in Jamaica are considered one of the most dangerous places for travelers and locals alike. Jamaica has one of the highest murder rates in the world and is rife with drug trafficking and crime.
What is the friendliest Caribbean island?
Saba. Though it’s one of the lesser known islands, Saba is just as beautiful and welcoming as the other—and was voted the friendliest island in the Caribbean.
Which Caribbean island has the most beautiful woman?
A group of Caribbean friends and I were discussing that. I have been to most islands in the Caribbean ext. Montserrat and St. Kitts and it is a fact that Dominica has the most beautiful women.