- 1 Which airlines fly to Nassau Bahamas?
- 2 How do you get to Nassau Bahamas?
- 3 Are there flights to Nassau?
- 4 Can you fly direct to the Bahamas from UK?
- 5 What airports does Southwest fly to Nassau?
- 6 Is Nassau Bahamas safe?
- 7 Can you fly to Nassau right now?
- 8 How long is the boat ride from Miami to Nassau?
- 9 Is there a ferry from Florida to Nassau?
- 10 How much does it cost to go to Nassau?
- 11 Do you need a passport to go to Nassau?
- 12 Does Southwest fly to Atlantis Bahamas?
- 13 What is the best time of year to go to the Bahamas?
- 14 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 15 Are there sharks in Bahamas?
Which airlines fly to Nassau Bahamas?
See how easy it is to get here.
- American Airlines. Nonstops from Austin, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Miami, LaGuardia, Philadelphia, and Washington, DC.
- Bahamasair. Nonstops from Fort Lauderdale, Miami and Orlando.
- Delta Air Lines.
- Frontier Airlines.
- JetBlue Airways.
- Silver Airways.
- Southwest Airlines.
How do you get to Nassau Bahamas?
Getting To New Providence and Paradise Islands ( Nassau ) Lynden Pindling International Airport (NAS) is the main gateway of the Bahamas for most international flights into the region. The main airport is located 10 miles from downtown Nassau and close to all the main attractions on New Providence and Paradise Island.
Are there flights to Nassau?
In general from United States, American Airlines, JetBlue and United Airlines fly the most to Nassau.
Can you fly direct to the Bahamas from UK?
British Airways offers direct Bahamas flights from London -Heathrow (LHR) to Nassau four times per week. With a nine-hour flight time and a five-hour time difference between the Bahamas and the UK, it’s often possible to leave in the morning and be on the beach by the afternoon.
What airports does Southwest fly to Nassau?
Southwest Airlines ® flies to Lynden Pindling International Airport, making your adventure even easier to begin. And when you book with Southwest, you can book with confidence, knowing that the process will be straightforward from flight selection to checkout.
Is Nassau Bahamas safe?
Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street). Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault occur, but generally not in tourist areas.
Can you fly to Nassau right now?
Yes: The Bahamas has been open for travel for several months now with various testing and safety protocols in place. Fully vaccinated Bahamian citizens and residents have been exempt from testing requirements as of April 21.
How long is the boat ride from Miami to Nassau?
Charter Boat from Miami to Nassau, the Bahamas The first leg of the trip departs from Miami and travels 177 nautical miles to Nassau, Bahamas. This trip takes about ten hours by yacht and in about three days by sailboat.
Is there a ferry from Florida to Nassau?
No, there is no direct ferry from Fort Lauderdale to Nassau. However, there are services departing from Fort Lauderdale Cruise Terminal and arriving at Nassau via Freeport Harbour. The best way to get from Fort Lauderdale to Nassau without a car is to ferry and car ferry which takes 12h 30m and costs $220 – $250.
How much does it cost to go to Nassau?
Three nights at the British Colonial Hilton Nassau can cost as little as $471 per person, including flights, according to one Priceline deal. A full week on Paradise Island at the Riu Palace plus flights can go for $1,379 per person. And remember: Many of the islands’ resorts and upper scale hotels are for adults only.
Do you need a passport to go to Nassau?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. Those traveling to The Bahamas on a cruise may use another Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) compliant document.
Does Southwest fly to Atlantis Bahamas?
Round trip flight via Southwest Airlines ® to Nassau, Bahamas (NAS). Hotel accommodations (including taxes). Even golf bags fly free.
What is the best time of year to go to the Bahamas?
The best time to visit the Bahamas is from mid-December to mid-April, the country’s peak season. Though temperatures here are great year -round (they rarely dip below 60 degrees), the islands fall within the hurricane belt, so hurricanes may be a factor between June 1 and Nov. 30 (the Atlantic hurricane season ).
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
Are there sharks in Bahamas?
Sharks in The Bahamas are well protected. It’s the only country in the world to declare the entire marine habitat a shark sanctuary. There are 40 species of sharks within the 243,000 square miles of the country’s territorial waters.