- 1 Where is Blue Lagoon Island located?
- 2 How do you get to other islands from Nassau?
- 3 How far is Junkanoo Beach from the port?
- 4 How far is Balmoral Island from Nassau?
- 5 How much is the Blue Lagoon?
- 6 Who owns Blue Lagoon Island?
- 7 How do you do island hopping in the Bahamas?
- 8 What is the best way to get around Nassau Bahamas?
- 9 Can you drive from Florida to the Bahamas?
- 10 What is the prettiest beach in the Bahamas?
- 11 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 12 What is there to do in Nassau Bahamas without excursion?
Where is Blue Lagoon Island located?
Blue Lagoon Island is a private island located 5 km (three miles) from Nassau, Bahamas and serves as a local tourist attraction. Blue Lagoon Island.
|Major islands||Blue Lagoon Island|
How do you get to other islands from Nassau?
Water taxis provide short service between Nassau and Paradise Island and are common throughout the Out Islands. The most popular inter-island ferry service is Bahamas Ferries, which offers service from Nassau to Harbour Island, Eleuthera, Grand Bahama Island, The Abacos, Long Island, Andros and The Exumas.
How far is Junkanoo Beach from the port?
Junkanoo Beach This is literally the first beach you might set foot upon as it’s located just 15 minutes from the cruise port. Junkanoo Beach is a popular party beach found a walking distance from Prince George Wharf.
How far is Balmoral Island from Nassau?
Visit beautiful Balmoral Island and the Swimming Pigs, just a 1/2 hour ferry ride from downtown Nassau.
How much is the Blue Lagoon?
It’s Not Cheap. you book online, and 45 euros if you just walk in. If you want to rent a towel, that’s another five euros; a bathrobe, another 10, and cocktails are seven euros each.
Who owns Blue Lagoon Island?
Frequently called the “real” Bahamas, Blue Lagoon has been an interesting part of The Bahamas’ history and is one of the most well known of Nassau’s natural attractions and tours. Located just three miles from Nassau, it is now the home of the dolphins and sea lions of Dolphin Encounters and is owned by a local family.
How do you do island hopping in the Bahamas?
Take a ferry between each of the islands as you go, or book a private tour that stops at several islands around the Abacos. Either option makes for an easy day trip from your base on one of the larger islands.
What is the best way to get around Nassau Bahamas?
Your best bet is to stick with taxis, jitneys (local medium sized buses) and the ferry boats.
- Public Jitney. There are many jitney buses traveling around Nassau and into the suburban areas of Nassau.
- Paradise Island to Nassau and Back.
- Atlantis Casino Shuttles.
- Scooter Rentals.
- Horse Drawn Surrey.
Can you drive from Florida to the Bahamas?
Distance from Florida to Bahamas The shortest route between Florida and Bahamas is according to the route planner. The driving time is approx.. The geographic midpoint between Florida and Bahamas is in 157.07 mi (252.79 km) distance between both points in a bearing of 125.25°.
What is the prettiest beach in the Bahamas?
Gold Rock Beach, Grand Bahama The signature stretch of sand on on gorgeous Grand Bahama, this “welcome mat” of the island is one of the most beautiful beaches in all of the wider Caribbean, set on the edge of the Lucayan National Park.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
What is there to do in Nassau Bahamas without excursion?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.