- 1 Is April a good time to go to Bahamas?
- 2 Is it warm enough to swim in the Bahamas in April?
- 3 When should you not go to the Bahamas?
- 4 What is the water temperature in the Bahamas in April?
- 5 What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
- 6 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 7 What is the coldest month in the Bahamas?
- 8 What is the rainy season in the Bahamas?
- 9 Which country has best weather in April?
- 10 How safe is Nassau Bahamas?
- 11 Is Nassau dangerous?
- 12 What celebrities have homes in the Bahamas?
- 13 Are there sharks in Bahamas?
- 14 Do you need a passport to go to Bahamas?
- 15 What is a comfortable temperature to swim in?
Is April a good time to go to Bahamas?
The best time to visit the Bahamas is from mid-December to mid- April, the country’s peak season. Most of these months (plus May) also fall within the region’s rainy season, which can leave you with fewer days spent enjoying the islands’ outdoor activities.
Is it warm enough to swim in the Bahamas in April?
No need to worry about the shock of cold water when you take a swim in the Bahamas. The water temperature year-round falls between 73 and 82 degrees F. During the month of April, expect water temperatures to hover around 75 degrees F. Comfortably swim, snorkel, dive and enjoy all the water sports you can pack in.
When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Hurricane season, from June 1 until Nov. 30, is a time many travelers avoid the Bahamas. Like in the United States, the months of August, September and October present the highest risk for hurricane activity.
What is the water temperature in the Bahamas in April?
Nassau Weather: April
|Average Day Temperature:||82.5°F|
|Average Night Temperature:||77.0°F|
|Sea Water Temperature:||81.2°F|
|Number of Sunny Days:||11 days|
|Sunshine Hours:||12.4 – 13.1 hours|
What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
High season is considered to be November and December. The cheapest month to fly to The Bahamas is August.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
What is the coldest month in the Bahamas?
Here too, from December to March there may be short cool periods, sometimes a bit cold. The temperature dropped to 7 °C (44.5 °F) in January 1977, to 6 °C (43 °F) in January 1981, to 7 °C (44.5 °F) in February 1996, and to 9 °C (48 °F) in January 2010. Nassau.
What is the rainy season in the Bahamas?
Best Time to Visit The Bahamas for Good Weather: The climate in The Bahamas is tropical, with a hot and rainy season from May to October and a cooler season from November to April.
Which country has best weather in April?
If you’re tired of the ‘ April showers’, April can be a great month to get away for some early summer sunshine.
- Cancun, Mexico. Average April temperature: 36.7 °C.
- Orlando. Average April temperature: 28.3 °C.
- Cairo, Egypt. Average April temperature: 28.1 °C.
- Marrakech, Morocco.
- Las Vegas.
- Bodrum, Turkey.
- Kos, Greece.
How safe is Nassau Bahamas?
Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street). Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault occur, but generally not in tourist areas.
Is Nassau dangerous?
Violent crime is extremely common in Nassau. The country is ridden with violent crime, and armed robberies, kidnappings, and murders are extremely common, usually not affecting tourists though violence towards foreigners has been on an increase during the past couple of years.
What celebrities have homes in the Bahamas?
Celebrities and billionaires
- Nicolas Cage – owns estate residence on Paradise Island and a private island in the Exuma chains.
- Mariah Carey – owns a house on Windermere, a private island connected to Eleuthera, where she married Nick Cannon in 2008.
- Sean “Diddy” Combs.
Are there sharks in Bahamas?
Sharks in The Bahamas are well protected. It’s the only country in the world to declare the entire marine habitat a shark sanctuary. There are 40 species of sharks within the 243,000 square miles of the country’s territorial waters.
Do you need a passport to go to Bahamas?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. U.S. travelers coming for tourism will not need a visa for travel up to 90 days. All other travelers will need a visa and/or work permit.
What is a comfortable temperature to swim in?
Pool Water Younger children and the elderly generally need warmer temperatures ranging from 84 to 94 degrees Fahrenheit, while a comfortable pool temperature for adults is 85 to 89 degrees. If you are swimming for fitness, cooler temperatures of 78 to 84 degrees are recommended.