- 1 What is there to do at the cruise port in Nassau Bahamas?
- 2 Can you walk from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
- 3 How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
- 4 Where do cruises dock in Bahamas?
- 5 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 6 What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
- 7 How much is a taxi from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
- 8 How much is a taxi from Nassau to Atlantis?
- 9 Is there a free beach in Nassau?
- 10 What is the prettiest beach in the Bahamas?
- 11 What can you do in Nassau for free?
- 12 Can you walk from Nassau to Paradise Island?
- 13 Is Nassau a good port?
- 14 Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
- 15 Is Nassau or Freeport Bahamas better?
What is there to do at the cruise port in Nassau Bahamas?
26 Things to Do in Nassau, Bahamas While On a Cruise
- Explore Downtown. It’s always a good idea to set aside some little time to explore a port of call.
- Walk Queen’s Staircase.
- Tour Fort Fincastle.
- Visit the Historic Parliament Square.
- Pirate of Nassau Museum.
- Swim With Pigs.
- Public Library & Museum.
- Nassau Straw Market.
Can you walk from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
Cruise passengers docking at Nassau can fit a visit to Atlantis into their day’s schedule with no difficulty, as the resort is only 2 miles by road from the cruise port at Prince George Wharf. A bridge connecting Paradise Island to Nassau is open to cars and pedestrians, and water taxis run between the two locales.
How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
Cable Beach is located on the main-land (Providence Island) roughly six miles west of Nassau Cruise Port. From your terminal (Prince George’s Wharf) you can hop in a taxi and get there in 20 minutes.
Where do cruises dock in Bahamas?
Where do the cruise ships dock in Nassau Bahamas? Cruise ships dock just outside of Nassau’s historic downtown at Prince George Wharf. Being the most visited port in the Bahamas and a popular destination for cruise ships is a very lively port.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
Find Things to Do in Nassau on Viator
- Atlantis Resort.
- Blue Lagoon Island Beach.
- Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim.
- Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience.
- Ardastra Gardens.
- Glass Bottom Boat.
- Resort Day Pass.
How much is a taxi from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
If you’re running late, you can always catch a taxi back to the port. It’ll run about $8-$10 for the ride but traffic at rush hour in downtown Nassau can come to a stand-still.
How much is a taxi from Nassau to Atlantis?
The quickest way to get from Nassau Airport (NAS) to Atlantis Paradise Island is to taxi which costs $60 – $75 and takes 15 min.
Is there a free beach in Nassau?
Cable Beach There’s a reason the resorts are there: Cable Beach is a breathtaking beach paradise and a great place to unwind and relax. Cable Beach is public beach, so you can access its 2.5 miles of white sand wonder free of charge.
What is the prettiest beach in the Bahamas?
Gold Rock Beach, Grand Bahama The signature stretch of sand on on gorgeous Grand Bahama, this “welcome mat” of the island is one of the most beautiful beaches in all of the wider Caribbean, set on the edge of the Lucayan National Park.
What can you do in Nassau for free?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
Can you walk from Nassau to Paradise Island?
Most visitors walk around Paradise Island’s most densely developed sections and hire a taxi for the occasional longer haul. The most popular way to reach nearby Nassau is to walk across the toll bridge. There is no charge for pedestrians.
Is Nassau a good port?
Nassau is a surprisingly diverse port. Beach lovers and travelers who enjoy water sports, diving or snorkeling will find a wide variety of excursions and activities to suit their tastes. Nassau is also filled with historic sites and shopping opportunities.
Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
Nassau is compact and easy to see in a day, which is quite convenient considering many visitors (coming off cruise ships) only have that long to see it.
Is Nassau or Freeport Bahamas better?
Freeport is smaller, quieter, safer, better beaches, smaller casinos, better snorkeling, better water and less shopping than Nassau.