- 1 Where can I sell my used clothes on Long Island?
- 2 Where can I get the most money for used clothes?
- 3 Can you sell clothes to thrift stores?
- 4 How much does Uptown Cheapskate pay for used clothes?
- 5 Where can I donate things on Long Island?
- 6 Where can I donate clothes on Long Island?
- 7 Is selling on ThredUp worth it?
- 8 Does ThredUp give good money?
- 9 Is ThredUp or poshmark better?
- 10 Where can I sell my clothes for cash?
- 11 Does Ross buy used clothes?
- 12 Does Platos Closet buy clothes?
- 13 Is it worth selling clothes to uptown cheapskate?
- 14 Who pays more Plato’s Closet or uptown cheapskate?
- 15 How much does cash for clothes pay?
Where can I sell my used clothes on Long Island?
Best Where To Sell Used Clothes in Long Island, NY
- Island Thrift. 6.4 mi. 33 reviews.
- Plato’s Closet. 17.7 mi. 77 reviews.
- Act II Consignment Boutique. 19.2 mi. 13 reviews.
- Deep End of the Sandbox. 6.3 mi. 13 reviews.
- Lucky Finds Boutique. 37.2 mi. 29 reviews.
- MyUnique Thrift. 32.4 mi. 51 reviews.
- Amityville Men’s Shop. 25.5 mi. 24 reviews.
- Once Upon A Child. 28.1 mi. 26 reviews.
Where can I get the most money for used clothes?
- ThredUp. With ThredUp, you can use their clothing calculator to determine how much the company might pay out for your gently worn women’s, juniors’ or children’s clothes.
- Buffalo Exchange.
- Local Clothing Exchanges.
- Garage Sale.
- Goodwill / Salvation Army.
Can you sell clothes to thrift stores?
You can hold a yard sale or open an online shop through websites such as eBay. You can also sell your clothes to local thrift stores and consignment shops. If you are selling at a consignment store, they will price the item for you. Some online stores like Thredup do so as well.
How much does Uptown Cheapskate pay for used clothes?
When you consign with us, we pay you up to 60% of the selling price when the item sells.
Where can I donate things on Long Island?
As for selling or donating, here are some local suggestions.
- The High-end: LuxeSwap.
- The in-between: Act II Consignment Boutique.
- Fast-fashion: Plato’s Closet.
- Dress for Success.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Long Island.
Where can I donate clothes on Long Island?
Best donation drop off in Long Island, NY
- Island Thrift. 6.4 mi. 33 reviews.
- The Salvation Army Family Store & Donation Center. 17.6 mi. 8 reviews.
- Savers. 0.8 mi. 21 reviews.
- Dominican Sisters Family Health Service. 23.6 mi. $$ Thrift Stores.
- Savers. 18.2 mi. 27 reviews.
- Amvets Thrift Store. 24.3 mi.
- American Thrift Stores. 35.6 mi.
- Ronald McDonald House of Long Island. 39.1 mi.
Is selling on ThredUp worth it?
No. Most ThredUp reviews that I read all end up with the same story of people expecting to make a decent amount of money by selling their clothes, but being shocked with how much they actually receive months down the road. So it depends on your expectations and how you are using the thrift store.
Does ThredUp give good money?
If your clothing is “on-trend, in-season and in great condition,” ThredUp pays you for it upfront. If your clothes are in great condition but offseason, the site consigns them and pays you after they sell. ThredUp pay: 5 to 80 percent of the anticipated selling price.
Is ThredUp or poshmark better?
In essence, both services are great in their respective categories. If you’re looking to sell clothes in bulk and primarily want to get rid of the clutter, ThredUP is probably a more viable solution. If you want to get a chance to cash in on an item that you no longer use, Poshmark might be more up your alley.
Where can I sell my clothes for cash?
Here are some options for online consignment and secondhand stores for you to sell used clothes.
- thredUp. Tradesy. Poshmark. Le Prix.
- VarageSale. eBay. Your Instagram account.
- Take lots of high-quality photos. Set a realistic price. Label the brand, color and size.
- Clothes Mentor. Buffalo Exchange. Uptown Cheapskate. Plato’s Closet.
Does Ross buy used clothes?
Much of the clothing at Ross Dress for Less is irregular overstock from lower-end department stores, like JCPenney. Instead of solely buying overstock merchandise after department stores can’t sell it, T.J. Maxx often buys from brands and designers at the same time as stores like Macy’s.
Does Platos Closet buy clothes?
At Plato’s Closet, we buy and sell gently used clothes, shoes, handbags, and accessories for guys and girls in their teens and twenties. We have all the name brands and styles you love at up to 70% less than regular retail prices.
Is it worth selling clothes to uptown cheapskate?
We offer you 25-35% of the selling price in cash or 25% more in store credit that never expires. If you are bringing in clothes that sold new for $100, they will likely be priced in the $25-35 range, which would probably pay you out somewhere between $7.50 to $12.25. or $9.38 to $15.31 in store credit.
Who pays more Plato’s Closet or uptown cheapskate?
Clothes Mentor, Plato’s Closet, and Uptown Cheapskate are all resale clothing shops where you can sell your items for cash or credit. Uptown Cheapskate potentially pays slightly more than the other two, while Plato’s Closet may have more convenient locations.
How much does cash for clothes pay?
We pay by weight, 50p for every kg that we weigh. On average a bin bag full of clothes would weigh between 7-10kgs, that means you get between £3.50 – £5 per bag.