- 1 Where should I stay in Nassau?
- 2 Where is the best area to stay in Bahamas?
- 3 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 4 How long should I stay in Nassau?
- 5 Can you visit Atlantis for free?
- 6 Does Nassau have all-inclusive resorts?
- 7 What is the best month to go to Bahamas?
- 8 What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
- 9 Which is the most dangerous Caribbean island?
- 10 Is Nassau dangerous at night?
- 11 When should you not go to the Bahamas?
- 12 How safe is Nassau Bahamas?
- 13 Which is better Freeport or Nassau?
- 14 Where do celebrities stay in Bahamas?
- 15 How many days do you need at Atlantis Bahamas?
Where should I stay in Nassau?
Where to Stay in Nassau
- Bay Street – Bay Street is a busy street that runs along the coastline.
- Downtown – the downtown area is where you will find most of the tourist attractions, including the Parliament building and the statue of Queen Victoria.
- Paradise Island – this small island is located north of Nassau.
Where is the best area to stay in Bahamas?
Where to stay in the Bahamas first time – Nassau Island
- Paradise Island (mix of beach and nightlife)
- Paradise Island (Easy stay with plenty of kids activities)
- Grand Bahama (relaxed beach time with small kids)
- Long Island (secluded with a resort)
- Andros Island (for the marine parks)
- Bimini Islands (for shipwrecks)
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
How long should I stay in Nassau?
With three days in Nassau, you’ll have plenty of time to hit all the highlights, from colonial sites to beautiful Caribbean beaches, and still have time left over for a couple of island day trips. Here’s how to make the most of three days in the Bahamian capital.
Can you visit Atlantis for free?
True to the marine feel of the hotel, Atlantis Paradise Island ( atlantis.com) is home to not just one water slide, but an entire water park. Access is free for hotel guests, and open to the public for a fee.
Does Nassau have all-inclusive resorts?
Nassau, the capital of the Bahamas, is an ideal year-round destination with temperatures generally hovering in the 70s and 80s Fahrenheit. And while Nassau has a past filled with pirating lore, relaxed beachfront all – inclusive Bahamas resorts dominate its present.
What is the best month to go to Bahamas?
The best time to visit the Bahamas is from mid – December to mid – April, the country’s peak season. Though temperatures here are great year-round (they rarely dip below 60 degrees), the islands fall within the hurricane belt, so hurricanes may be a factor between June 1 and Nov. 30 (the Atlantic hurricane season ).
What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
Cat Island is one of the least frequented and the most beautiful of all the Bahamas out-islands. While it offers outstanding diving off its south shore, this remote island has hardly been touched by tourism, making it ideal for those seeking the ultimate in peace, and unchartered territory.
Which is the most dangerous Caribbean island?
Jamaica is probably the most dangerous spot in all of the Caribbean and thus it tops our list. Certain areas of Kingston in Jamaica are considered one of the most dangerous places for travelers and locals alike. Jamaica has one of the highest murder rates in the world and is rife with drug trafficking and crime.
Is Nassau dangerous at night?
Visitors to New Providence Island should avoid “over the hill” neighborhoods south of downtown Nassau (south of Shirley Street), particularly at night. Criminal activity is much less common in the Out Islands but has included burglaries and thefts, particularly of boats and/or outboard motors.
When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Hurricane season, from June 1 until Nov. 30, is a time many travelers avoid the Bahamas. Like in the United States, the months of August, September and October present the highest risk for hurricane activity.
How safe is Nassau Bahamas?
Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street). Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault occur, but generally not in tourist areas.
Which is better Freeport or Nassau?
Freeport is smaller, quieter, safer, better beaches, smaller casinos, better snorkeling, better water and less shopping than Nassau.
Where do celebrities stay in Bahamas?
The Cove Resort at Atlantis, Paradise Island, Bahamas.
How many days do you need at Atlantis Bahamas?
With five days in our tropical paradise, you can enjoy everything Atlantis has to offer, from heart pounding adventure to blissful relaxation.