- 1 What is the average income on Long Island?
- 2 What is considered a good salary on Long Island?
- 3 What is a livable salary in Long Island?
- 4 Is Nassau County rich?
- 5 Who is the richest person on Long Island?
- 6 Is Long Island a wealthy area?
- 7 Where is the cheapest place to live Long Island?
- 8 Is it worth living on Long Island?
- 9 How much does a house in Long Island cost?
- 10 Why are apartments so expensive on Long Island?
- 11 What is considered upper middle class on Long Island?
- 12 Whats it like to live in Long Island?
- 13 What is the safest town on Long Island?
- 14 Is Nassau County safe?
What is the average income on Long Island?
|Mean travel time to work (minutes), workers age 16 years+, 2015-2019||36.6|
|Income & Poverty|
|Median household income (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019||$116,100|
|Per capita income in past 12 months (in 2019 dollars), 2015-2019||$51,422|
What is considered a good salary on Long Island?
The group estimates a family of two adults and two children in the Nassau/Suffolk metro area would need to earn a combined $139,545 per year — or $11,629 a month — to live comfortably.
What is a livable salary in Long Island?
Living Wage Calculation for Nassau County, New York
|1 ADULT||2 ADULTS (1 WORKING)|
|0 Children||2 Children|
Is Nassau County rich?
A 2012 Forbes article based on the American Community Survey reported Nassau County as the most expensive county and one of the highest income counties in the United States, and the most affluent in the state of New York, with four of the nation’s top ten towns by median income located in the county.
Who is the richest person on Long Island?
Long Island’s wealthiest person, Jim Simons, has a net worth of $24.6 billion, an increase of $3 billion from a year ago. Simons, of East Setauket, founded Renaissance Technologies, a hedge fund firm that manages about $55 billion. Simons is the former chairman of Stony Brook University’s Department of Mathematics.
Is Long Island a wealthy area?
With its beautiful scenery and quiet, serene atmosphere, it isn’t surprising that Long Island has become a haven for wealthy Americans. Some of the most affluent neighborhoods in the United States are on Long Island. Let’s explore some of the island’s most upscale communities and what makes them so unique.
Where is the cheapest place to live Long Island?
The 10 Most Affordable Suburbs in Long Island
- Smithtown. The town of Smithtown is located in Suffolk County.
- Stony Brook. The Suburb of Stony Brook is located in Suffolk County in the town of Brookhaven.
- Massapequa Park. Massapequa Park is a suburb in Nassau County in the town of Oyster Bay.
- Lake Ronkonkoma.
Is it worth living on Long Island?
1. Rated One of the Best Places to Live in America. Oyster Bay and Huntington made it to the top 50 most livable towns in the US, rated by Money Magazine – and for good reason. Oyster Bay and a number of other towns within Long Island itself are home to a range of excellent schools.
How much does a house in Long Island cost?
The median price of a home sold on Long Island, excluding the East End, rose to $450,000 in the third quarter of 2018, up 5.9 percent from the quarter before, according to data from the brokerage Douglas Elliman and the appraisal company Miller Samuel.
Why are apartments so expensive on Long Island?
In general the prices are higher as you get closer to New York City. Long Island housing is pretty expensive and property taxes tend to run high.
What is considered upper middle class on Long Island?
Upper Middle Class in Long Island = $200,000 – $250,000? exactly $150, 451.65. You’re welcome. On Long Island, I would say a family that makes a combined income of between $120,000 and $250,000.
Whats it like to live in Long Island?
Long Island has plenty of beaches to hang around, Port Jefferson is a nice place. Housing may be bit expensive compared to what place has to offer but given its proximity to NYC its not surprising. People are very kind and amicable. Weather on long island can be pretty harsh during winters.
What is the safest town on Long Island?
New York State’s safest community is East Hampton Town, an affluent Long Island community which logged a very high 1.29 score on the Safety Index. East Hampton enjoys a low violent crime rate of 0.85 per 1,000 and a property crime rate of 11.34 per 1,000.
Is Nassau County safe?
Nassau leaders Wednesday celebrated their ranking by U.S. News & World Report as the safest county in the country amid declining major crime figures and increased spending on police and fire protection. U.S. News awarded Nassau a score of 100 in their “Healthiest Communities” rankings based on three categories.