- 1 Is the police test hard?
- 2 What is the police entrance exam like?
- 3 How often is the Nassau County police exam?
- 4 How long is the Nassau Police Academy?
- 5 Can you score too high on the police exam?
- 6 How can I pass the police exam?
- 7 How do I prepare for police academy?
- 8 What should I wear to the police exam?
- 9 Is it easy to become a cop?
- 10 What is the salary of a Nassau County police officer?
- 11 What is the highest paid job in the police?
- 12 How much do cops make in Suffolk County?
- 13 What are the requirements to be a Nassau County police officer?
- 14 When was the last Nassau County police exam?
- 15 How many police officers are in Nassau County?
Is the police test hard?
The Police Officer Selection Test (POST) is much like many other civil service exams in that it is a test of basic skills, not necessarily specific law enforcement knowledge. The exam is typically not difficult, but you may want to brush up on these basic skills before test day.
What is the police entrance exam like?
The police entrance exam is comprised of several sections: written exam, oral interview, physical agility test, medical and psychological check, and a background review. The police written test is a crucial step in the hiring process that makes some candidates quite nervous, while others underestimate its importance.
How often is the Nassau County police exam?
Open positions for Nassau County Police Officers are being filled from the Eligible List established on June 21, 2019. Tests are administered approximately every four years, depending on the needs of the Department, or when the current active Eligible List is exhausted.
How long is the Nassau Police Academy?
NCPD requires a significantly more rigorous training program than New York state mandates — Nassau puts cadets through 1,050 to 1,200 hours of training over seven months, compared to the minimum 639 hours that the state requires for basic police training. More to come.
Can you score too high on the police exam?
Not so much a “maximum IQ cutoff” as there is a point at which a department may believe that a candidate is unsuitable for being a police officer based upon how well he does in placement tests. The average score for police officers was a 21-22, or an IQ of 104.
How can I pass the police exam?
Keep reading to get tips for passing your police exam and learn where to find study materials, practice tests and more.
- Know Your City or State’s Exam Requirements.
- Find Out What Will Be On Your Police Exam.
- Take Practice Tests.
- Find Additional Study Resources.
- Utilize General Test-Taking Strategies.
How do I prepare for police academy?
Here’s how to make sure you’re as prepared as possible for the academy training and exams:
- Get Into Shape. Being a police officer requires a high level of physical fitness.
- Get Your Mind Right.
- Make New Friends.
- Study The Law.
- Visit The Shooting Range.
What should I wear to the police exam?
If you’re interviewing for a police department, a dark blue suit is fine. You don’t want to be distracted by a stuffy suit and stockings when you need to focus on the exam. I would probably wear a pair of dress slacks and a blouse with a cardigan, or a nice sweater or dress shirt.
Is it easy to become a cop?
As difficult as academy training is, field training can be even harder. Here’s where you put everything you learned into practice, and if you don’t meet muster, all of the waiting through the hiring process and time and effort in the academy will be for naught.
What is the salary of a Nassau County police officer?
How much does a Police Officer at Nassau County Police Department make? The typical Nassau County Police Department Police Officer salary is $89,411. Police Officer salaries at Nassau County Police Department can range from $37,524 – $129,254.
What is the highest paid job in the police?
Ranking the Top 10 Highest Paying Criminal Justice Careers
- Private Investigators and Detectives.
- Police Officers.
- Federal Marshals.
- Forensics Analysts.
- Probation Officers.
- Corrections Officers.
How much do cops make in Suffolk County?
Starting salary $42,000* annually, increasing incrementally to $111,506 after twelve (12) years of service. Night shift payments.
What are the requirements to be a Nassau County police officer?
- Be at least 19 years of age.
- Be a United States citizen.
- Be a High School Graduate or possess a State Equivalency.
- Never received a Dishonorable Discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United States.
When was the last Nassau County police exam?
Recruitment. Recruitment to the Nassau County Police Department comes as a result of the Nassau County Police Exam, which is conducted once in every 4 to 6 years, depending on how soon their list of successful candidates expires. The last exam was conducted in January 2018, and the results were posted online. 6
How many police officers are in Nassau County?
|Nassau County Police Department|
|Legal jurisdiction||Nassau County, New York|
|General nature||Local civilian police|
|Police Officers||2,400 (2018)|