- 1 Is it safe to walk around Nassau?
- 2 How can I spend a day in Nassau Bahamas?
- 3 Is Nassau Safe 2020?
- 4 What is Nassau famous for?
- 5 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 6 Why is Nassau dangerous?
- 7 Do cell phones work in Bahamas?
- 8 Can you just walk around Atlantis?
- 9 What can you do in Nassau for free?
- 10 When should you not go to the Bahamas?
- 11 What is bad about the Bahamas?
- 12 Is it safe to swim in Bahamas?
- 13 Do I need a passport to go to Bahamas?
- 14 What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
- 15 Do you need a passport to go to Nassau?
Is it safe to walk around Nassau?
Do not travel to The Bahamas due to COVID-19. Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street).
How can I spend a day in Nassau Bahamas?
One- Day Itinerary to Nassau: 10 things to do in the capital of the Bahamas
- Visit Festival Place. Prince George Wharf.
- Admire Parliament Square. E Bay Street.
- Shop on Bay Street.
- Try rum cake.
- Buy local handmade crafts at Straw Market.
- See Fort Fincastle.
- Go up and down the Queen’s Staircase.
- Discover the huge Atlantis Resort.
Is Nassau Safe 2020?
Nassau, the New Province Island and Grand Bahama are known for violent crime which is also targeting tourists. While not all of the islands is dangerous, you should stay aware of your surroundings at all times.
What is Nassau famous for?
On the northeast coast of New Providence Island, the city of Nassau is one of the most popular cruise ship ports in the Caribbean. It’s also the capital and commercial hub of The Bahamas. Nassau Harbor, protected by the tourist hot spot of Paradise Island, bustles with boat traffic.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
Why is Nassau dangerous?
MUGGING RISK: HIGH. Violent crime is extremely common in Nassau. The country is ridden with violent crime, and armed robberies, kidnappings, and murders are extremely common, usually not affecting tourists though violence towards foreigners has been on an increase during the past couple of years.
Do cell phones work in Bahamas?
Many US and Canadian carriers have roaming agreements with Batelco, the GSM cellular operator in the Bahamas. Therefore, while most phones will work, the rates are approximately $3.00 per minute plus tax for all in and out calls. USA calling Cards such as Sam’s Club and AT&T do not work in the Bahamas.
Can you just walk around Atlantis?
mjkacmom. You can walk around the casino (without kids). You can walk around the marina village.
What can you do in Nassau for free?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Hurricane season, from June 1 until Nov. 30, is a time many travelers avoid the Bahamas. Like in the United States, the months of August, September and October present the highest risk for hurricane activity.
What is bad about the Bahamas?
While safety has improved in the Bahamas, there is still violent crime, mainly in Nassau and the island of Grand Bahama, which includes the city of Freeport. Armed robberies, burglaries, sexual assault, and other violent crimes take place, along with purse snatchings.
Is it safe to swim in Bahamas?
Water Dangers Do not swim beyond the marked areas or you could get pulled away from the land and even swept out to sea. Most beaches have flags indicating if it’s safe. If you have children, only swim when you see a green flag. Sharks and other possibly dangerous fish roam the waters here.
Do I need a passport to go to Bahamas?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. U.S. travelers coming for tourism will not need a visa for travel up to 90 days. All other travelers will need a visa and/or work permit.
What is the most beautiful island in the Bahamas?
Cat Island is one of the least frequented and the most beautiful of all the Bahamas out-islands. While it offers outstanding diving off its south shore, this remote island has hardly been touched by tourism, making it ideal for those seeking the ultimate in peace, and unchartered territory.
Do you need a passport to go to Nassau?
Do you need a passport to go to The Bahamas? Yes. If you are departing or returning to the U.S. by air from any international destination a passport is required by all travelers regardless of age.