- 1 Is January a good time to visit the Bahamas?
- 2 Is it warm enough to swim in Nassau in January?
- 3 Does it rain a lot in the Bahamas in January?
- 4 What is the coldest month in the Bahamas?
- 5 Can you swim in the Bahamas in January?
- 6 What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
- 7 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 8 Can you swim in the Caribbean in January?
- 9 Is Nassau Bahamas warm in January?
- 10 When should you not go to the Bahamas?
- 11 What is the rainy season in Bahamas?
- 12 What month rains the most?
- 13 What’s the best month to go to Bahamas?
- 14 What is the hottest month in Bahamas?
- 15 Does it rain all day in Bahamas?
Is January a good time to visit the Bahamas?
The months of January and February are great for traveling to the Bahamas for people who love the sun, but not extreme heat and humidity. There is also a great balance of heat and cool in March. Keep in mind that the evenings may get Caribbean chilly*, so pack appropriately.
Is it warm enough to swim in Nassau in January?
Sea Temperature in Nassau in January The average sea water temperature in Nassau in January is 76° which is warm and pleasant for relaxing and swimming for long periods.
Does it rain a lot in the Bahamas in January?
The average sliding 31-day rainfall during January in Nassau is essentially constant, remaining about 0.9 inches throughout, and rarely exceeding 2.6 inches or falling below 0.1 inches.
What is the coldest month in the Bahamas?
Here too, from December to March there may be short cool periods, sometimes a bit cold. The temperature dropped to 7 °C (44.5 °F) in January 1977, to 6 °C (43 °F) in January 1981, to 7 °C (44.5 °F) in February 1996, and to 9 °C (48 °F) in January 2010. Nassau.
Can you swim in the Bahamas in January?
The temperature in January and February in the waters around the Bahamas is approximately 72 to 77 degrees Fahrenheit, while the temperature in the air is usually between 70 and 80 degrees. This is well within the range at which people are comfortable swimming.
What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
High season is considered to be November and December. The cheapest month to fly to The Bahamas is August.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
Can you swim in the Caribbean in January?
Only the locals won’t swim in January -too cold by their tropical standards.:D.
Is Nassau Bahamas warm in January?
January is the coolest month for Nassau. Yet even now most afternoons warm up to 75 °degrees Fahrenheit (24 degrees Celsius). The temperature doesn’t usually get above 86 °F (30 °C). Nighttime temperatures normally remain above 60 °F (16 °C) and only rarely approach 41 °F (5 °C).
When should you not go to the Bahamas?
Hurricane season, from June 1 until Nov. 30, is a time many travelers avoid the Bahamas. Like in the United States, the months of August, September and October present the highest risk for hurricane activity.
What is the rainy season in Bahamas?
Best Time to Visit The Bahamas for Good Weather: The climate in The Bahamas is tropical, with a hot and rainy season from May to October and a cooler season from November to April.
What month rains the most?
The wettest month on record remains May 2015, with 4.44 inches, according to scientists at NOAA’s National Centers for Environmental Information. Soggy conditions from June 2018 through May 2019 led to the wettest 12- month period on record in the U.S., with 37.68 inches, 7.73 inch above average.
What’s the best month to go to Bahamas?
The best time to visit the Bahamas is from mid-December to mid-April, the country’s peak season. Though temperatures here are great year-round (they rarely dip below 60 degrees), the islands fall within the hurricane belt, so hurricanes may be a factor between June 1 and Nov. 30 (the Atlantic hurricane season ).
What is the hottest month in Bahamas?
The warmest month (with the highest average high temperature) is August (32.1°C). The month with the lowest average high temperature is January (25.6°C). The month with the highest average low temperature is July (24.7°C).
Does it rain all day in Bahamas?
It did rain almost every day, sometimes just a bit and passes through, other times, it was for hours on end. Just make the most of it, head to the pools and enjoy the waters. Keep in mind, they do close the Aquaventure when there is a lighting strike near the island, which isn’t all to uncommon.