- 1 What is Nassau Bahamas known for?
- 2 Are things cheaper in Bahamas?
- 3 Can I use US dollars in Nassau Bahamas?
- 4 What can you not bring to the Bahamas?
- 5 How dangerous is Nassau Bahamas?
- 6 What are the best things to buy in the Bahamas?
- 7 What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
- 8 Is there a Walmart in Bahamas?
- 9 How much would a week in the Bahamas cost?
- 10 Will my cell phone work in the Bahamas?
- 11 What to know before traveling to Nassau Bahamas?
- 12 How much is taxi from Nassau Airport to Atlantis Resort?
- 13 Do you clear US customs in Bahamas?
- 14 What should I wear in Nassau Bahamas?
- 15 How much cash can you bring into the Bahamas?
What is Nassau Bahamas known for?
20 amazing things The Bahamas are known for
- Pristine white sand beaches and turquoise waters.
- The swimming pigs of Exuma.
- The playground of the world’s rich and famous.
- History of pirates.
- Fantastic scuba diving and snorkeling.
- The first landing of Christopher Columbus.
- The Bahama Mama cocktail.
Are things cheaper in Bahamas?
While meal prices in the Bahamas can vary, the average cost of food in the Bahamas is BS$42 per day. Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner. The price of food in sit-down restaurants in the Bahamas is often higher than fast food prices or street food prices.
Can I use US dollars in Nassau Bahamas?
What is the currency in the The Bahamas and do I need to exchange my money? The legal tender is the Bahamian dollar (B$1), which is equivalent in value to the U.S. dollar. Both U.S. and Bahamian dollars are accepted interchangeably throughout the islands. If you pay in US dollars, you will usually get US change.
What can you not bring to the Bahamas?
- Meat, provisions, fruits and vegetables, and any articles intended for human food, which are unfit for human consumption.
- Indecent or obscene prints, paintings, photographs, books, cards, lithographic or other engravings, or any other indecent or obscene article.
How dangerous is Nassau Bahamas?
Is the Bahamas Dangerous? While safety has improved in the Bahamas, there is still violent crime, mainly in Nassau and the island of Grand Bahama, which includes the city of Freeport. Armed robberies, burglaries, sexual assault, and other violent crimes take place, along with purse snatchings.
What are the best things to buy in the Bahamas?
Amazing Things to Buy in The Bahamas
- Straw Goods.
- Conch Shell Jewelry.
- Jams and Jellies.
- Pine Seed Doll.
- Junkanoo Art.
What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
High season is considered to be November and December. The cheapest month to fly to The Bahamas is August.
Is there a Walmart in Bahamas?
Unfortunately there is not a Wal-Mart located on the island, but there is a convenience store in the area. A taxi fare to the nearest food store is $15 for two.
How much would a week in the Bahamas cost?
Three nights at the British Colonial Hilton Nassau can cost as little as $471 per person, including flights, according to one Priceline deal. A full week on Paradise Island at the Riu Palace plus flights can go for $1,379 per person.
Will my cell phone work in the Bahamas?
Many US and Canadian carriers have roaming agreements with Batelco, the GSM cellular operator in the Bahamas. Therefore, while most phones will work, the rates are approximately $3.00 per minute plus tax for all in and out calls. USA calling Cards such as Sam’s Club and AT&T do not work in the Bahamas.
What to know before traveling to Nassau Bahamas?
10 Things You Need to Know About Visiting The Bahamas
- Bring a passport that’s valid for at least six months after travel.
- The Bahamian dollar is on par with the US dollar – no need to exchange currency!
- When traveling to The Bahamas, don’t forget to bring proof of your return ticket.
- Don’t worry about electronics – no adaptors required.
How much is taxi from Nassau Airport to Atlantis Resort?
The quickest way to get from Nassau Airport ( NAS ) to Atlantis Paradise Island is to taxi which costs $60 – $75 and takes 15 min.
Do you clear US customs in Bahamas?
U.S. Bound Passengers When flying out of LPIA, if you ‘re U.S. bound you ‘ll conveniently clear Customs and Immigration on the ground in Nassau. That’s because LPIA is a U.S. pre-clearance facility. LPIA also has the convenience of Automated Passport Control (APC) kiosks for faster processing through U.S. Customs.
What should I wear in Nassau Bahamas?
What clothes should I pack for a 7-day trip to The Bahamas?
- 2 swimsuits / bikinis.
- Beach wrap, dress, or sarong (1 or 2)
- 4-5 tops / t-shirts.
- 1 or 2 pairs of shorts.
- 1 casual dress.
- 1-2 pants (Bermuda shorts or capris)
- 1 pair of sandals.
- Enough underwear to last the duration of your trip.
How much cash can you bring into the Bahamas?
The Bahamas Parliament has enacted the Travellers Currency Declaration Act of 2014 which requires travelers to declare upon entry or exit if in possession of $10,000 or more in any currency. A “Travellers Currency Declaration Form” will need to be filled out and presented.