- 1 How can I go to the Bahamas on a budget?
- 2 How can I spend a day in Nassau Bahamas?
- 3 How much spending money do you need for the Bahamas?
- 4 What do locals do in Nassau Bahamas?
- 5 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 6 What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
- 7 Do cell phones work in Bahamas?
- 8 Is Nassau safe for tourists?
- 9 Can you just walk around Atlantis?
- 10 What is illegal in the Bahamas?
- 11 Is Bahamas dangerous for tourists?
- 12 Is there a Walmart in Bahamas?
- 13 What is Nassau famous for?
- 14 What can you do in Nassau for free?
- 15 Do you need a passport to go to Nassau?
How can I go to the Bahamas on a budget?
Budget Bahamas: 10 ways to keep it cheap in the Caribbean
- Meet the locals.
- Free tea.
- Sign up for a food tour.
- Visit a museum.
- Choose your accommodation carefully.
- Visit a fort.
- Drink rum.
- Travel during off-season.
How can I spend a day in Nassau Bahamas?
One- Day Itinerary to Nassau: 10 things to do in the capital of the Bahamas
- Visit Festival Place. Prince George Wharf.
- Admire Parliament Square. E Bay Street.
- Shop on Bay Street.
- Try rum cake.
- Buy local handmade crafts at Straw Market.
- See Fort Fincastle.
- Go up and down the Queen’s Staircase.
- Discover the huge Atlantis Resort.
How much spending money do you need for the Bahamas?
How much money will you need for your trip to the Bahamas? You should plan to spend around BS$159 ($161) per day on your vacation in the Bahamas, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors.
What do locals do in Nassau Bahamas?
Parliament Square located at (1) on our Walking Tour map of things to do in Nassau Bahamas.
- Nassau Public Library and Museum.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- Gregory’s Arch.
- Government House & Statue of Christopher Columbus.
- Heritage Museum of The Bahamas.
- National Art Gallery of the Bahamas.
- John Watling’s Distillery.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
What is the cheapest month to go to Bahamas?
High season is considered to be November and December. The cheapest month to fly to The Bahamas is August.
Do cell phones work in Bahamas?
Many US and Canadian carriers have roaming agreements with Batelco, the GSM cellular operator in the Bahamas. Therefore, while most phones will work, the rates are approximately $3.00 per minute plus tax for all in and out calls. USA calling Cards such as Sam’s Club and AT&T do not work in the Bahamas.
Is Nassau safe for tourists?
Violent crime is extremely common in Nassau. The country is ridden with violent crime, and armed robberies, kidnappings, and murders are extremely common, usually not affecting tourists though violence towards foreigners has been on an increase during the past couple of years.
Can you just walk around Atlantis?
mjkacmom. You can walk around the casino (without kids). You can walk around the marina village.
What is illegal in the Bahamas?
Additionally, taking coral, sea fans, or tropical fish is illegal. It’s also illegal for non Bahamian residents to use fishing nets or traps (other than a cast net) or to sell marine products. Traditional fishing with a hook or lure and a pole, rod, or reel, is allowed.
Is Bahamas dangerous for tourists?
However, there are various precautions travelers should take to ensure a safe trip and avoid violent crime. The most dangerous places in the Bahamas are Nassau—the country’s biggest city, located on the island of New Providence—and Grand Bahama.
Is there a Walmart in Bahamas?
Unfortunately there is not a Wal-Mart located on the island, but there is a convenience store in the area. A taxi fare to the nearest food store is $15 for two.
What is Nassau famous for?
On the northeast coast of New Providence Island, the city of Nassau is one of the most popular cruise ship ports in the Caribbean. It’s also the capital and commercial hub of The Bahamas. Nassau Harbor, protected by the tourist hot spot of Paradise Island, bustles with boat traffic.
What can you do in Nassau for free?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
Do you need a passport to go to Nassau?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. Those traveling to The Bahamas on a cruise may use another Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) compliant document.