- 1 How can I spend a day in Nassau Bahamas?
- 2 What is there to do in Nassau without excursion?
- 3 Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
- 4 What do you do when you get off the cruise ship in Nassau?
- 5 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 6 Do cell phones work in Bahamas?
- 7 Is Nassau Bahamas safe?
- 8 Can you go to Atlantis without paying?
- 9 What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
- 10 How much cash should I bring to Bahamas?
- 11 Is there a free beach in Nassau?
- 12 Do you need a passport to go to Nassau?
- 13 Are taxis safe in Nassau Bahamas?
- 14 How much does it cost to go to Atlantis for the day?
- 15 What is the best cruise to the Bahamas?
How can I spend a day in Nassau Bahamas?
One- Day Itinerary to Nassau: 10 things to do in the capital of the Bahamas
- Visit Festival Place. Prince George Wharf.
- Admire Parliament Square. E Bay Street.
- Shop on Bay Street.
- Try rum cake.
- Buy local handmade crafts at Straw Market.
- See Fort Fincastle.
- Go up and down the Queen’s Staircase.
- Discover the huge Atlantis Resort.
What is there to do in Nassau without excursion?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
Nassau is compact and easy to see in a day, which is quite convenient considering many visitors (coming off cruise ships) only have that long to see it.
What do you do when you get off the cruise ship in Nassau?
Read on to find out more:
- Explore Downtown. It’s always a good idea to set aside some little time to explore a port of call.
- Walk Queen’s Staircase.
- Tour Fort Fincastle.
- Visit the Historic Parliament Square.
- Pirate of Nassau Museum.
- Swim With Pigs.
- Public Library & Museum.
- Nassau Straw Market.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
Do cell phones work in Bahamas?
Many US and Canadian carriers have roaming agreements with Batelco, the GSM cellular operator in the Bahamas. Therefore, while most phones will work, the rates are approximately $3.00 per minute plus tax for all in and out calls. USA calling Cards such as Sam’s Club and AT&T do not work in the Bahamas.
Is Nassau Bahamas safe?
Country Summary: The vast majority of crime occurs on New Providence ( Nassau ) and Grand Bahama (Freeport) islands. In Nassau, exercise caution in the “Over the Hill” area (south of Shirley Street). Violent crime, such as burglaries, armed robberies, and sexual assault occur, but generally not in tourist areas.
Can you go to Atlantis without paying?
True to the marine feel of the hotel, Atlantis Paradise Island ( atlantis.com) is home to not just one water slide, but an entire water park. Access is free for hotel guests, and open to the public for a fee.
What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
Find Things to Do in Nassau on Viator
- Atlantis Resort.
- Blue Lagoon Island Beach.
- Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim.
- Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience.
- Ardastra Gardens.
- Glass Bottom Boat.
- Resort Day Pass.
How much cash should I bring to Bahamas?
You should plan to spend around BS$159 ($161) per day on your vacation in the Bahamas, which is the average daily price based on the expenses of other visitors. Past travelers have spent, on average, BS$42 ($42) on meals for one day and BS$26 ($26) on local transportation.
Is there a free beach in Nassau?
Cable Beach There’s a reason the resorts are there: Cable Beach is a breathtaking beach paradise and a great place to unwind and relax. Cable Beach is public beach, so you can access its 2.5 miles of white sand wonder free of charge.
Do you need a passport to go to Nassau?
U.S. citizens are generally required to present a valid U.S. passport when traveling to The Bahamas, as well as proof of anticipated departure from The Bahamas. Those traveling to The Bahamas on a cruise may use another Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) compliant document.
Are taxis safe in Nassau Bahamas?
Whether you need to get to your hotel from the airport or want to explore Nassau, you should always avoid taxis that appear unlicensed. Your best bet: Ask the front door staff at your hotel or resort, or the restaurant or club you’re visiting, to arrange a licensed taxi for you.
How much does it cost to go to Atlantis for the day?
You can buy a day pass to Atlantis for you and your family at the Atlantis Adventures Tour Center, which is located outside The Coral and overlooking the Atlantis Marina, for $135 per person per day.
What is the best cruise to the Bahamas?
Best Cruise Lines in the Caribbean
- #1. Disney Cruise Line. #1 in Best Cruise Lines in the Caribbean.
- #2. Royal Caribbean International. #2 in Best Cruise Lines in the Caribbean.
- #3. Seabourn Cruise Line. #3 in Best Cruise Lines in the Caribbean.
- #4. Celebrity Cruises.
- #5. Carnival Cruise Line.
- #6. Norwegian Cruise Line.
- #7. Princess Cruises.
- #8. Holland America Line.