- 1 What is there to do at the cruise port in Nassau Bahamas?
- 2 What is near the port in Nassau Bahamas?
- 3 Can you walk from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
- 4 How many cruise ships can dock in Nassau?
- 5 What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
- 6 How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
- 7 What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
- 8 What can you do in Nassau for free?
- 9 What is there to do in Nassau without excursion?
- 10 How much is a taxi from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
- 11 How much is a taxi from Nassau to Atlantis?
- 12 Can you just walk around Atlantis?
- 13 How dangerous is Nassau Bahamas?
- 14 Are cruise ships going to the Bahamas?
- 15 Are cruise ports open in the Bahamas?
What is there to do at the cruise port in Nassau Bahamas?
26 Things to Do in Nassau, Bahamas While On a Cruise
- Explore Downtown. It’s always a good idea to set aside some little time to explore a port of call.
- Walk Queen’s Staircase.
- Tour Fort Fincastle.
- Visit the Historic Parliament Square.
- Pirate of Nassau Museum.
- Swim With Pigs.
- Public Library & Museum.
- Nassau Straw Market.
What is near the port in Nassau Bahamas?
Balmoral Island, Pearl Island and Sandy Toes also offer private-island experiences near Nassau. Cruise travelers whose ships arrive early in Nassau may want to take the approximately one-hour drive to Stuart’s Cove, where they can experience snorkeling, diving and swimming with sharks.
Can you walk from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
Cruise passengers docking at Nassau can fit a visit to Atlantis into their day’s schedule with no difficulty, as the resort is only 2 miles by road from the cruise port at Prince George Wharf. A bridge connecting Paradise Island to Nassau is open to cars and pedestrians, and water taxis run between the two locales.
How many cruise ships can dock in Nassau?
Nassau cruise terminal is at Prince George Wharf, located on island’s northern coast. The port has capacity to handle up to 7 cruise vessels simultaneously.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Eight rookie mistakes to avoid in the Bahamas
- TRAVELLING DURING HURRICANE SEASON IN THE BAHAMAS.
- RIDING IN UNMARKED TAXIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- TAKING A CRUISE TO THE BAHAMAS.
- STICKING TO THE ATLANTIS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- EXPECTING PUNCTUALITY ON THE ISLAND.
- TRANSACTING WITH BEACH VENDORS IN THE BAHAMAS.
- WANDERING ALONE AT NIGHT IN THE BAHAMAS.
- SKIPPING THE GROCERY STORE.
How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
Cable Beach is located on the main-land (Providence Island) roughly six miles west of Nassau Cruise Port. From your terminal (Prince George’s Wharf) you can hop in a taxi and get there in 20 minutes.
What is the best shore excursion in Nassau Bahamas?
Find Things to Do in Nassau on Viator
- Atlantis Resort.
- Blue Lagoon Island Beach.
- Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim.
- Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience.
- Ardastra Gardens.
- Glass Bottom Boat.
- Resort Day Pass.
What can you do in Nassau for free?
8 Free (or Cheap) Cruise Shore Excursions in Nassau, Bahamas
- Junkanoo Beach. As one of the few free beaches in Nassau that’s close to the cruise port, Junkanoo Beach can get crowded.
- Nassau Straw Market.
- Spray Fountains Outside Straw Market.
- Queen’s Staircase.
- Fort Fincastle.
- The Pirates of Nassau Museum.
- Ardastra Gardens and Zoo.
What is there to do in Nassau without excursion?
- Frommers: Beaches in Bahamas.
- Nassau Paradise Island: The Queen’s Staircase.
- Nassau Paradise Island: Tour Local Forts.
- AMMC Bahamas: Pompey Museum of Slavery and Emancipation.
- The Islands of the Bahamas: Museums.
- Pirates of Nassau: Pirates of the Bahamas.
- Cruise Critic: Nassau Cruise Port.
How much is a taxi from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
If you’re running late, you can always catch a taxi back to the port. It’ll run about $8-$10 for the ride but traffic at rush hour in downtown Nassau can come to a stand-still.
How much is a taxi from Nassau to Atlantis?
The quickest way to get from Nassau Airport (NAS) to Atlantis Paradise Island is to taxi which costs $60 – $75 and takes 15 min.
Can you just walk around Atlantis?
mjkacmom. You can walk around the casino (without kids). You can walk around the marina village.
How dangerous is Nassau Bahamas?
Is the Bahamas Dangerous? While safety has improved in the Bahamas, there is still violent crime, mainly in Nassau and the island of Grand Bahama, which includes the city of Freeport. Armed robberies, burglaries, sexual assault, and other violent crimes take place, along with purse snatchings.
Are cruise ships going to the Bahamas?
Actually, the cruise line says it will be running a schedule of seven-day sailings aboard its Adventure of the Seas ship from Nassau, Bahamas. The ship will port at three destinations — Freeport on Grand Bahama Island; Cozumel, Mexico; and Royal Caribbean’s private island, Perfect Day at Coco Cay.
Are cruise ports open in the Bahamas?
While the slow-moving nature of Hurricane Dorian devastated Grand Bahama and Abaco, all ports have reopened and business is fully operational in Nassau – the second-most populated cruise destination in the Caribbean.